Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go gym in Kilarney, or decent hotel gym.

Options
  • 06-10-2011 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know of a pay as you go gym in kilarney?

Or alternativley a hotel with a decent gym. Weights rather than cardio.

Will be working in Kilarney for a few weeks and not worth getting a membership.

thanks

Sean
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

seanboy1! wrote: »

thanks

Sean

I used to find the Gleneagle very good,although i havnt been for a good while, you can pay as you go,pay for 1 month or pay for 10 visits.its probably more expensive than other hotels but its the best around imo.
    Try Sportys gym on main st(above macs restaurant)or the physique gym off new st,im sure they have pay as you go options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

seanboy1! wrote: »

thanks

Sean

Sporty's on Main Street offer a pay as you go rate, and/or a one month package. It's got a very comprehensive free weights room too, as well as a circuit and plenty of cardio machines for warmups (Should you require them).

Disclaimer : This business is owned by my family, so I might not be the most impartial source, but I would suggest popping up and having a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

No involvement but as a customer I can recommend Sportys

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

I used to go to Sportys a lot back when I was rowing (GO ON THE WORKMEN!!!) and I highly reccomend it, I know the owner of the gym personally (Seamus) and he's really sound and very approachable if you want any help organising a workout routine or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The only piece of advice I'd give you about the hotel with a decent gym is: you should ask whether they will be closing for the winter or even reducing their opening hours. You might be restricted there with when you would have access ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

The Killarney Sports & Leisure Center is the best in Killarney imho. Also they do pay as you go, I think its around €7 or €8 a visit, or you can join for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months at a time. Membership includes most classes free of charge, which would incurr a cost for non-members. Here is their website: http://www.coralleisure.ie/our-clubs/killarney.html

Advertisement