Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transistor radios made in Ireland

Options
  • 06-10-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I would appreciate comment from anyone with info on the following. I bought a 60's Pam branded transistor radio in an antique shop in Monaghan. The unusual thing was it had a large speaker mounted backward in the case. Later I picked up a Pye set with the same construction. I was told that these were made by Pye in Dundrum and were made for the Irish market only and were designed here. They are quite well made inside.
    I think these may be interesting products from an indigenous design and manufacturing history that is being forgotten.

Can any one confirm that these sets were designed and made in Dublin?Does anyone have any details of dates or have sales brochures or even been an employee of Pye Ireland at the time? Any info or memories would be appreciated. I can post images if anyone is interested.

Best regard
    :confused:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement