Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Outfit for upcoming Oct Wedding

Options
  • 06-10-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi just a quick query really i have been invited to a wedding in the next 3 weeks and have to go as its a close family friend but the thing is i am over 7 month pregnant. Has anyone gone to a wedding and what sort of clothes could you get away with wearing. I was hoping to maybe go in a black suit maternity trousers and a fairly dressy top. Would this pass alright as i am not a dressy type of person the best of times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

check out New Look, they have some maternity evening clothes (last time I checked, anyway). Got a lovely long black dress there for 7.50 E recently, nice fabric, fitted perfectly over the bump and all. jazz it up with some colourful accessoires and you're ready to go.

I'd say you get away with a lot more when you're pregnant (unless you are a bridesmaid, that may be a pain...) - people know how annoying it is to buy special maternity evening dresses that you won't get another wear out of...so even pants and a nice top will be fine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

You did say you are not a dressy type of person but if you do fancy getting something special I can recommend both www.tiffanyrose.com and www.babeswithbabies.com.

I got my wedding dress from tiffanyrose and loved it, and got a nursing dress recently from babeswithbabies which I love too.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

I was at a wedding in July i was 28 weeks and quite big. I got a dress in river island in a size too big and just altered it with pins. Got it in a sale too so saved a fortune. For me personally i wouldnt feel comfortable attending a wedding in a trouser suit but thats just me and afterall you are pregnant so you can wear what you want people dont expect you to dressed to the nines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'd get a dress if I was you, I know you say you're not the dressy type, but dresses are so low maintenance, you don't have to be hooshing them up like you do with maternity trousers or fidgeting with them.

I got a black maternity dress for my sister's graduation a few weeks ago which was 20 euro on sale in mothercare and dressed it up with a green ribbon tied just above the bump and a bit of accessorising and bobs your uncle I was dressed up and ready to go, no figeting or nothing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Might be worth checking out Stylemama.ie, they hire out maternity wear for weddings etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement