Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Albums Do You Go To At this Autumnal Time Of The Year??

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

The winds are howling, the nights are long and cold. What albums do you associate with this time of year. My choices...

Bob Dylan-Time Out Of Mind
    Tom Mcrae -self titled album
    The Verve-A Northen Soul
    Nirvana MTV Unplugged
    Leonard Cohen-Songs From A Room
    Ryan Adams-Heartbreaker
    Alice In Chains-MTV Unplugged
    Neil Young-Harvest
    The Beatles-Revolver
    Blur-13
    Bob Dylan-Oh Mercy
    Doves-Lost Souls

All those album I love dearly and they are a perfect soundtrack to our up coming weather!!

Leave your choices because you might introduce me to new artists!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Badly Drawn Boy - One plus One is One

A totally underrated album. The About A Boy soundtrack is excellent as is the first album but for me this is his best album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

51FB3ZWZJ5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving

This album was made for autumn listening. The whole album resonates beautifully with the changing leaves, days getting colder and darker and the incoming approach of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 freakybeaky108

Autumn for me has always meant folk music, so I'll probably be digging out some Nick Drake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

Yes...it does feel very folky this type of year.

I've just recently pulled out Fionn Regan's The End of History. I can't say I've consciously chosen albums based on the seasons but others I've been listening to recently that have a folky vibe are Leadbelly (Best Of) and PG Six Slightly Sorry and PJ Harvey's brilliant Let England Shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Autumn for me has always meant folk music, so I'll probably be digging out some Nick Drake...

Ys, Nick is great this time of year, Cello Song is beautiful.

Josh T Pearsons album 'Last Of The Country Gentelman' is a must have. All the songs are full of bleak heartbreak. One song goes on for 13 minutes another for 11.

It's a dark beautiful album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Nick Drake's Northern Sky ... lovely...

Also anything by Ron Sexsmith...perfect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 downsouth

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory
    Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dog man star by Suede. That album is very Autumny. Not the early warmish, leaves falling gently Autumn though. More the late on cold, bleak, lonely Autumn.

Pighead wrote: »
    dog man star by Suede. That album is very Autumny. Not the early warmish, leaves falling gently Autumn though. More the late on cold, bleak, lonely Autumn.

Good shout, just playing it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭clig

Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago, The National's last two albums and definitely Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Pink Floyd's back catalogue.

I discovered my Dad's Floyd collection during a midterm break from school in 04 and became an instant fan. Since then I always tend to go back listening to them at this time of the year and rediscover what I fell in love with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Got to be Music Has the Right To Children from Boards of Canada.

Edit: And of course Within the Realm of a Dying Sun by Dead Can Dance on vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's fun to watch Bon Iver suddenly appear on every Last.FM profile in the world.

It's fun to watch Bon Iver suddenly appear on every Last.FM profile in the world.

For Emma.. sounds amazing on a chilly day it has to be said!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It really does. It's an album that sounds like dry cold sunshine, cosy scarves, and adorable faux fur hats to me.

I save Arcade Fire's Tunnels for a properly snowy day though.

Advertisement