Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on barrel length

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

So i finally went ahead with the barrel chop and got it cut down to 20" from 26".
    This made a big difference to the balance of the rifle and makes it much easier to carry when hunting, i also sold my ASE moderator and replaced it with a A-TEC CMM-4 which also made a big difference on weight as it weighs only a little over 200 grams as opposed to over 500g from the ASE.

So far im happy but Ive only given it a quick zero at 100m and yet to see the results at 200 & 300.

Some pics below, the fox target was set up at 110m and shot in a prone position with bi-pod.

20" Barrel

bc1ij.jpg
    20" barrel with Mod
    bc2u.jpg

3 shots @110m
    bc3g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Looks sweet cs, all you need now is to convert it to AICs magazine and then it will look realy sweet.

And a big f... off black tactical bolt knob to put your weener to shame!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

thats great well wear.

i had a tikka with a 20" barrel. makes for a very easy to handle rifle. have you tried it out at longer range, it would be interesting to see what differance it made at 200, 300 and 400 etc.

i have no doubt that it will be every bit as accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    thats great well wear.

i had a tikka with a 20" barrel. makes for a very easy to handle rifle. have you tried it out at longer range, it would be interesting to see what differance it made at 200, 300 and 400 etc.

i have no doubt that it will be every bit as accurate

Thanks Poulo

No ive only had it out around the 100m mark for about a half hour just to zero it. Im anxious to see what its like at 200 & 300m to see if there is much of a difference.

CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I have my own hunting rifle cut to 21"
    And it handles like a dream, even with an Ase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Lovely looking rig Comeraghshooter, you wont be disappointed I'll bet.
    Below is a pic of my Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .270.
    It has a 20 inch barrel, a 10:1 twist and an A-Tec moderator on the end.
    Some lads said that the lite would kick like a mule in .270 but it doesn't, not a bit. Its way more accurate then my last rifle which was a Remmy 700 SPS heavy barrel in .223.

The 20 inch barrel with the mod on is still relatively short and its damn easier to carry around then at Remmy every was.

I've also shot this rifle at targets ranging from 100yrds to 700 yrds and using Srelok to give me the corrcet dial in on my NF scope, it hasnt missed any targets yet.

TikkaT3LiteStainless1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

@ vixname, take that mod off and you'll know all about kicks, I did with my .25-06, it was fun just to see but never again:)

Advertisement