Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me of the best company to get home heating oil from, they all vary in price. We wish to get 550 litres in the next few weeks before the winter sets in, the tank is a 900 litre tank.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Corrib Oil. I'll give you the number of a lad who will give you the best price around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I bought 500 litres off corrib castlebar last weekend and it cost me 530, the price comparison website I checked before priced it at 512.50. I didn't question it so my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I bought 500 litres off corrib castlebar last weekend and it cost me 530, the price comparison website I checked before priced it at 512.50. I didn't question it so my own fault.

Yeah you have to haggle a bit.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I got 200 litres of kero from Clew Bay Oil today for just under €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

irishgeo wrote: »

Thanks for this. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

How come you paid over €500 for 500 litres, while most quotes from website seems to show prices just above €400

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thats a crazy price. Corrib are not that expensive. Are you sure that you did'nt get 600 litres?

Web prices as at 4.30pm today. Based on 800 litres. Price per litre.

Corrib = 81.9c

Emo = 82.6c

Texoil = 82.9c

Top = 82.6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hugebogtotter

Thats a great website alright. I need to order some on Monday so those figures will be well worth keeping in mind. Every penny counts these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Thats a crazy price. Corrib are not that expensive. Are you sure that you did'nt get 600 litres?

Sorry my mistake, 430 not 530.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

what a moronic thread!

i mean have you never heard of the Golden Pages? or Google for that matter?

how can someone be so fricken stupid is beyond me.
    oil is oil. it does exactly what is says on the tin you fool.

maybe next you'll be looking for a recommendation for a loaf of bread.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

what a moronic thread!

maybe next you'll be looking for a recommendation for a loaf of bread.:rolleyes:

It's a known con trick for delivery drivers to print of many delivery meter dockets for say 500 litres (whatever is popular), most times the equipment on the lorry doesn't record time or date. Then they can short you some oil and quickly reset to 0 giving you the pre-printed printout so you think you got 500 litres. It pays to buy from someone you trust, not the cheapest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It pays to buy from someone you trust, not the cheapest ;)

Leaving aside any risk of being conned, this is good advice - if you buy from the same source regularly, you will get better service and they will know exactly where to find your house. That's not to say you can't establish the best price at the time of ordering and ask your preferred supplier to match it. Works for me - I've been dealing with the same supplier for five years and they always give me the lowest price on cheapestoil.ie if I ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

what a moronic thread!

what an intelligent contribution - oil is oil, I bet the shop owner with the big window loves to see you coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok back on topic, I've dealt with left_leg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Got 270 litres for €250 from corrib oil ballinrobe yday, and the reciept is printed after the oil is delivered so I'm sure of what I got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

Oldtree wrote: »
    Got 270 litres for €250 from corrib oil ballinrobe yday, and the reciept is printed after the oil is delivered so I'm sure of what I got.

see the trick is not to order €200 or €300 worth, but to order X amount of litres, and before i ring i always check to see how much they are charging per litre of kerosine. i have found very little if any difference in price, as they tend to shadow each other's price.

and as i order the same quantity in litres i know exactly how much i should be getting. my tank is marked to show where it should be when i get a delivery.

and no i have never been cheated.:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Oldtree wrote: »

see the trick is not to order €200 or €300 worth, but to order X amount of litres, and before i ring i always check to see how much they are charging per litre of kerosine. i have found very little if any difference in price, as they tend to shadow each other's price.

and as i order the same quantity in litres i know exactly how much i should be getting. my tank is marked to show where it should be when i get a delivery.

everyone who buys oil is being cheated - some moreso than others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Belly_Dancer

nice 1 Leftie. these folks have nt got a clue. really!

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

As said already, keep on topic.

Web prices as at 5.00pm today. Based on 800ltrs kero.

Corrib - 83.5c

Emo - 83.2c

Texoil - 82.9c

Top - 82.6c

Advertisement