Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric power cut on Headford Rd.

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Around 14:20
    This affected Lidl/Argos, Galway retail park, possibly galway shopping centre as well. All those automatic sliding doors stopped working, as did all the tills. Loads of alarms went off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

We lost power at work for a split second in the Dangan area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Looks like a significant chunk of town got a power cut. Explains the lack of response to the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I would say a possible lightning strike there was a very heavy shower around that time and all the lights where I work in Ballybrit went dim for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

"There's doins a transpiring" , I say we loot the sh!t out of the place, who's with me?...awwwwwww come on!? I've had my eye on those Framed CD's in the Warwick.

Was working in Ballybrit and hadn't noticed the power go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Yeah power was completely out throughout the shopping centres in eyre square/corbett court, lasted about 20mins. Place was in complete darkness! I'd say places like penneys got fleeced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I would say a possible lightning strike there was a very heavy shower around that time and all the lights where I work in Ballybrit went dim for a second.

Ahh .. now you mention it, I noticed that too. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

From the look of my alarm clock, I'd say power was down at my house (central city) for about 2 hours.

Advertisement