Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Drogheda] Lawnmower service / repair

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on where's a good place to get a petrol lawn mover serviced / fixed up, around Drogheda?

It's only an ordinary €200 push mower with a briggs & stratton motor - 3 years old, and it's starting to sound a bit funny and the motor is now running a lot slower and not at a constant speed either (as if it's running out of breath!)...

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

furiousox wrote: »

+1 Would recommend also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Have you changed the spark plug? If not then I'd change that before bringing it anywhere. Also if it is a B&S Classic motor the diaphragm's on the carburettor get clogged up easily on them but are a simple enough repair if you know what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the recommendations furiousox & dignatron.

markc1184 - I haven't checked spark plug or anything. I was told it might be the carburetor needing a 'service'. Thanks a million for the idea, I think I will google a bit and see if it's diy'ble. And if I make it worse, I can always take it to Paul Berril! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

positron wrote: »
    Any recommendations on where's a good place to get a petrol lawn mover serviced / fixed up, around Drogheda?

It's only an ordinary €200 push mower with a briggs & stratton motor - 3 years old, and it's starting to sound a bit funny and the motor is now running a lot slower and not at a constant speed either (as if it's running out of breath!)...

Thanks a million!

Try changing the air filter and park plug yourself first. If they have both done 3 years service then they will both need changing. You might not need a service after doing that. It should improve the running on tick over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 splash221

need my Husqvarna ride on repaired the blades are not turning and the cable is very slack,
    Need someone near clogherhead to look at it

Advertisement