Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK so i purchased a laptop...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Hi guys im new here ive been wrestling over two laptops this week and i think i got the best one but i wana see what you guys think

it was between this one
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_02PC/02_NOTEBOO/21_15/productdetails/80002569/Asus_15_6_X53SV_SX288V_NL_i7_2630_6GB_640GB/90N3GYD45H2136VL133Y/default.aspx

And this one:
    https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1068071.html

this is the one i went for
    Asus 15.6" X53SV-SX288V-NL - i7 2630/6GB/640GB

i thought this was a great deal for the price and a power house!

well from what i can see the 2 laptops are pretty much the same.. the only difference i seen is the Extra 2GB ram on the ASUS and for 90 extra and the lack of a USB 3.0 port i dunno if it was right..the acer seems to pip it for me as i don't use memory intensive programs to need the extra 2GB ra. tho in saying i do perfer asus over acer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

the acer price is in sterling + i need another 9.99str for delievry so the acer would actually cost around 735eur compared to the 719eur asus and free delievry
    plus the asus is an i7 core and the acer is an i5 does that not make up for the lack of a third usb port?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

the acer price is in sterling + i need another 9.99str for delievry so the acer would actually cost around 735eur compared to the 719eur asus and free delievry
    plus the asus is an i7 core and the acer is an i5 does that not make up for the lack of a third usb port?

they both have the same i7 processor...in these links...ya i missed the different currency.. then in that case you have gotten the better deal with the extra 2GB ram and i prefer Asus over Acer...with the HDD speed you wouldn't see much benefit from the USB 3.0 port really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

oops sorry your right about them noth being i7 cores i dont know what i was thinking when i posted that:rolleyes:
    ah but still with the extra memory and HDD space, free delivery and like being about 15 quid cheaper clinched it for me.

to be honest ive noting againsted acer but ive read online that they have a lot more problems then asus. while i feel i like the look of the acer over the asus,
    asus has a reputation of being a sturdy build and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

oops sorry your right about them noth being i7 cores i dont know what i was thinking when i posted that:rolleyes:
    ah but still with the extra memory and HDD space, free delivery and like being about 15 quid cheaper clinched it for me.

to be honest ive noting againsted acer but ive read online that they have a lot more problems then asus. while i feel i like the look of the acer over the asus,
    asus has a reputation of being a sturdy build and reliable.

Your right about the build quality anyway. Mines like a brick. Been hit loads of times and its fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement