Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roller hockey in waterford?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

hockey sticks have been ordered,should be delivered early next week. we might try push for practice game this side of christmas(next monday or wednesday),anybody interested? all are welcome.

if next week doesn't go ahead,we'll be looking at the 1st week in january.

BUMP!

hockey sticks have arrived-We're thinking of having the first training session on the 6th of January, so let us know if you're available.
    it'll be in the Cill Barra sports centre in Ballybeg www.cillbarrasports.ie

also for those still looking for rollerblades-alfie hale's have a decent pair on sale for 60euro,down from 75..

i still have a spare pare of rollerblades (fit shoe size 10) for anybody interested in trying it out without making a purchase.

there should be a couple of spare hockey sticks too!
    here is a link to the indoor hall we'll be using

http://cillbarrasports.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

daaave wrote: »
    i still have a spare pare of rollerblades (fit shoe size 10) for anybody interested in trying it out without making a purchase.

there should be a couple of spare hockey sticks too!
    here is a link to the indoor hall we'll be using

http://cillbarrasports.ie/

I'll take u up on that offer daaave

And I have a size 9 which are too small for me if anyone wants a loan of them.

• Advertisement

cococoady wrote: »

no problem coco- i'll drop them in wednesday@ dodgeball and you can try them out....

daaave wrote: »

no problem coco- i'll drop them in wednesday@ dodgeball and you can try them out....

That's the job. If ya no anyone looking for size 9 let me no and I'll bring em.
    I was talking to Anita and she wants to play aswell. She needs to no what time training is on at. Did ye sort a time yet?

no time arranged yet-i'll try get that sorted tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Hi guys,

I hope everyone had a nice new year!

We've got some good news, as Dave said above, the hockey sticks have arrived, so we have got our first training session organised.
    It'll be on in the Cill Barra Sports Centre in Ballybeg, on Friday the 6th of January, from 8PM til 9PM. Please try to be there for 7:40. The hall should work out at five euro per person.

It's not necessary to have roller blades, but bring them down if you have them. We'll be trying to get used to the sticks first, so the blades aren't vital.

We now also have an official team phone number that you can contact, and we will be sending out texts to keep everyone updated, so if you haven't given us your number, send myself or x.revoLucian a mail.

Team number: 0851498985

Also please keep an eye on our Facebook page, just in case we're not able to text everyone: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inline-Hockey-Waterford/310128935679669

See you on Friday!

Really enjoyed it tonight. Bit sore from hitting the floor so many times but sure **** it haha. Roll on next week :-)

• Advertisement

I'm sure everyone has bumps and bruises haha, I know I do!

Thanks to everyone who made it out, it was really fun!

Ericaa wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone has bumps and bruises haha, I know I do!

Thanks to everyone who made it out, it was really fun!

I don't remember seeing you falling but then again I spent more time on the ground than up straight that I prob never saw ya haha

I don't remember seeing you falling but then again I spent more time on the ground than up straight that I prob never saw ya haha
    I did fall once! I need to stop being scared of falling so I can play better haha

Hahha, ah fair play to ya though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Super Nintendo Chalmers

Hi guys, how did the training session go? I used to play a lot of inline hockey in my early teens. I had no idea people still played! Would definitely be interested in playing!!

Hi guys, how did the training session go? I used to play a lot of inline hockey in my early teens. I had no idea people still played! Would definitely be interested in playing!!
    It was great, really fun!

Oh really? Where are you living? There's an inline hockey league in Ireland, and if you're in Waterford, you're more than welcome to join us!

I'm actually up in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. Did many people turn up tonight?

I'm actually up in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. Did many people turn up tonight?
    We had 14 people tonight, and three who couldn't make it. So a very nice turn out!

Ah I see. Well there's teams in Galway and Dublin, but you're kinda in the middle of both of them haha.

Here's one of the Galway team's site if you're interested! http://www.galwaybaylightning.com/

That's an excellent turnout. Yea i've been in contact with a few clubs this weeks and I can't believe the amount of people who are interested in the sport. When I was younger, I would have loved to played more regularly but sadly there didn't seem to be any interest - just me and a few mates taking the shins off each other with hockey sticks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

To the girls interested: if you have any interest (I know its a different sort of thing!) we are starting up a roller derby team in Waterford! There is a thread a page or so back.

Very interesting to read about the Kingfisher indoor sports hall, hadn't thought of that... we are having venue issues as well.

So we're thinking of having another training session, on either Monday or Tuesday night. Let us know what suits you better. If we get enough interest for both nights, we might do them both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 x.revoLucian

Hello, everyone!

To anyone who visit this page, there is an important announcement on our FaceBook. Please have a read.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inline-Hockey-Waterford/310128935679669?sk=info

Also, to Super Nintendo Chalmers, there really is a lot of interest for hockey in Ireland. I became the Nation League Manager this year, and one of the things on my agenda is definitely spreading the word about our league's existence, somethings that hasn't been done too well, yet.
    If you do want to take part, I do recommend the Galway team, although it is a fair distance from you. I wish you the best and hope to see you playing one day.

Thanks!

for anyone who may be interested in taking up inline hockey-training sessions are mondays 8-9pm and fridays 7-9pm in cill bara sports hall.

the new league is starting next month and thankfully we have built up enough interest to enter both a senior and development team for each league. we could always use extra bodies at all levels of skill/fitness so drop down and give it a shot!

also check out our facebook page and give us a like:D

Advertisement