Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course ECTS Points - where?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭

I'm studying on the Creative and Cultural Studies (DT597) course in DIT, however, whilst trying to figure out my timetable and options, I cannot find what the ECTS requirements are for the year.

Eg. what are the Core modules worth, and the options, and how many do I need to have for each semester and each year as a whole. Nothing on the abysmal CourseWise, nor the website, and the school don't really have the answer.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Coursewise is your best bet. There's a link for it in the Definitive Guide to DIT thread at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Every college year the ECTS credits total 60 credits... So if you are doing a 3 year course you will have 240 credits at the end of the course. Usually modules are worth 5 credits each if you have 6 different subjects per semester? But no matter how many or few modules ya do the end of year total of credits will be 60. If you go to modularisation.dit.ie and click on student at the top of the page... There is a button on there that will bring you to a modularised programme search and you can find out from that how much module is worth in ECTS credits =D

Advertisement