Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do babies start kicking

Options
  • 06-10-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

When do u start to feel movement and kicks? I cant remember now... Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Usually movement can be any time from 5 months onwards, at first it always used to feel like there was a butterfly inside me fluttering, but it can vary due to were the baby is and sometimes it can be 7 months before anything is felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

It varies drastically from woman to woman, and pregnancy to pregnancy! I first felt butterflies with this one at 14 weeks, and I could feel it from the outside at 18 weeks, but plenty of women don't feel anything at all till 20+ weeks or even much later. A friend of mine told me she only felt her second baby move at 28 weeks, and even then she wasn't entirely sure it wasn't just wind!

With this one, the placenta is right at the back, so I see and feel every movement now (at 35ish weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I was 17 weeks on my first before I was sure it was kicks I was feeling. This time I've felt it since 14 weeks. It depends on loads of different things, from where the placenta is lying to how tight your abs are to your weight to how busy you are.

Advertisement