Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idle holiday home in Kilkee

• 06-10-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    The folks want a short break in October, preferably in central location in Kilkee (walking distance to town). The prices I've found so far are extortionate. I was hoping that if someone had small holiday apartment/house idle for the winter, that they could take it for 4-5 days. Their budget is very low at 100 or so. I know it's a bit cheeky but these are hard times. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dwyershane

Hi Rose,

Did you try myles creek guesthouse. on the main street, very reasonable prices and great breakfast in the morning. Worth ringing and finding out. Kilkee kinda quite this time of year though. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rosemalin

Big cheers for that. will try tomw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

€100 wont get you a place for 4 days. It wouldn't be feasable for the owner. Not realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Some prices may be extortionate, but expecting to rent a house even in Kilkee for €100 for 4 days is the opposite extreme.

Have a look in the papers - there are often classified ads for breaks in Ireland with cheap enough prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rosemalin

In the end, they got a fabulous self-catering apartment in Killarney town - 4 nights for €38 per night for one bed apartment. So all was well in the end. Thanks for all the replies.
    http://www.parkplacekillarney.com/one-bedroom-apartments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Well done. Looks a nice spot. Great value too.

Advertisement