Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Devil's Rain

• 06-10-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone listen to the new Misfits album yet?
    Personally I think there's some good songs on it. Not a great album by any means but I enjoyed listening to a lot of it. Jerry isn't a half bad vocalist either. It'll never replace the old days of the Misfits with Danzig, Doyle etc. but it's good to see they're still around. In my opinion anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

its pretty awful tbh, I'd love to hear graves era misfits again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's "okay", but not amazing. Vaguely listenable and certainly more-so than Project 1950.

Doyle has been working with Danzig quite a bit. Jerry had Robo playing drums with him until recently. If only Jerry and Danzig would reconcile their differences... perhaps we'd have a Misfits reunion with Danzig. That would be awesome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

I'd say that's about as likely as a full Nirvana reunion *sighs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kraigusss

everyone seems to herald danzig as a genius, if he was so great and did it all himself, how come he's basically vanished into obscurity/ bad albums since the misfits?

samhain/danzig? come on now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Kraigusss wrote: »
    everyone seems to herald danzig as a genius, if he was so great and did it all himself, how come he's basically vanished into obscurity/ bad albums since the misfits?

samhain/danzig? come on now...

He's old and angry?

His early albums outside the Misfits are some of my favourite. The Danzig s/t album is undoubtedly excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Scythe

Finally got my hands on "The Devil's Rain" yesterday, and although it isn't on a par with any of the Danzig era, i think it's actually quite an enjoyable album! Bearing in mind, i listened with an open mind and not expecting anything special, but there are a few gems on there like "Vivid Red", "The Black Hole" (my personal favourite from the album), "Curse Of The Mummy's Hand", "Monkey's Paw" and "Where Do They Go?"(in my opinion) .
    Each time i listen though, there's that bit more that appeals that much more to me!

Advertisement