Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed camera at ferrybank?????

• 06-10-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,

On my way to work this morning at 6:15, as I passed the post office at the end of ferrybank something on the left hand side (right beside the school) flashed on a pole. So I was just wondering is this some sort of speeding device?? I know there was a black box installed on another pole on the other side of the road in front of the unused shopping centre and is this anything to do with it??

Curious as I was doing about 60 at the time. :confused:

Anyone know what it is??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hi all,

On my way to work this morning at 6:15, as I passed the post office at the end of ferrybank something on the left hand side (right beside the school) flashed on a pole. So I was just wondering is this some sort of speeding device?? I know there was a black box installed on another pole on the other side of the road in front of the unused shopping centre and is this anything to do with it??

Curious as I was doing about 60 at the time. :confused:

Anyone know what it is??

This is what I was asking about here

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056408532?page=1#post_74722604

I knew they weren't for dog crap!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

They are fairly high up to be for dog crap to be honest! Didn't see that thread before I started this one:o

But still would like to know what it is???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yes it is in fact a speed camera they can also be moved to a different location as there not permanently stuck anchored to the ground so i was told by another rep at work as there around wexford county since last week

yes it is in fact a speed camera they can also be moved to a different location as there not permanently stuck anchored to the ground so i was told by another rep at work as there around wexford county since last week

So is it safe to say theres a speeding fine on it's way to me or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

So is it safe to say theres a speeding fine on it's way to me or what?
    probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes I'm sure too that it's a speed camera. Fairly sure you will get a fine sadly :(

But why put up a static one when they have invested in the mobile speed cameras?? And I haven't seen one of them over that way in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

The cameras erected around county Wexford were placed there by a Traffic Count company conducting Traffic Counts for the NRA. The cameras register speed, direction of travel, vehicle type etc but the data is not for prosecution, only for data collection purposes.

Don't know if these are the same cameras as the one that was in Ferrybank. The ones in county Wexford were erected on poles which were fastened onto a seperate pole which was then fastened to an existing Street Lights or sign pole.

Hope this is of some help

DC

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

The cameras erected around county Wexford were placed there by a Traffic Count company conducting Traffic Counts for the NRA. The cameras register speed, direction of travel, vehicle type etc but the data is not for prosecution, only for data collection purposes.

Don't know if these are the same cameras as the one that was in Ferrybank. The ones in county Wexford were erected on poles which were fastened onto a seperate pole which was then fastened to an existing Street Lights or sign pole.

Hope this is of some help

DC

Cheers for the info Decoda, that's sounds exactly like what it could be. Must have a proper look on the way over in the morning and see what it is.

Is there any website or anything where more info can be got on these??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Fraid not. Took me a long time calling the Local Authority trying to find out what they were. They popped up across Wexford over the last fortnight, stayed in place for a couple of days and then they moved to a different location. I did hear that some of them had ANPR capability to follow journeys made daily e.g. trying to work out the daily commutes. Don't know how true this is though. I think the company running the count is Nationwide Data Collection or something like that, based in Dublin.

Thats all I know I'm afraid.

DC

• Advertisement

Fraid not. Took me a long time calling the Local Authority trying to find out what they were. They popped up across Wexford over the last fortnight, stayed in place for a couple of days and then they moved to a different location. I did hear that some of them had ANPR capability to follow journeys made daily e.g. trying to work out the daily commutes. Don't know how true this is though. I think the company running the count is Nationwide Data Collection or something like that, based in Dublin.

Thats all I know I'm afraid.

DC

Again thanks for the info Decoda!! Really appreciate it! I'll just have to wait and see if anything arrives in the post over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Fraid not.

DC

Happy 100th post almost.

Slow down this time dark shadow and have a proper look. lol

seanybiker wrote: »
    Happy 100th post almost.

Slow down this time dark shadow and have a proper look. lol

I slowed right down this morning to have a look, it's a white box about 12 inches by 12 inches with a small black screen right in the middle of it. It's about 8 foot of the ground. It has what appears to be some sort of a padlock on the left hand side of it.

Was going to stop and take a picture but there was cars coming behind me and thought it might look kinda of dodgy if they saw me!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Spray paint over it!

Advertisement