Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile

Options
  • 06-10-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Thinking of moving to 3 on prepay as they seem to have the best deal going at the moment.

I was wondering, as 3 dont seem to have the best rep when it comes to signal and coverage. Is the coverage in Rush and surrounding towns alright.

Is there anybody who is currently with 3 and in the area mentioned?
    If so could you let me know how you have found them. Is the signal fine around fingal. Is there any other problems you may of had with them or good points

Any help appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Don't!!!! if you want to save your sanity. Worst retail experience in my life. I was with them twice, first time they came to Ireland and then up to a year ago. First time round they promised me I would have video phonecall support in Rush in 6 months, 2 years later nothing! The phone call coverage has improved in Rush but still not great.

There support services are somewhere in India that seems to have no link to operations in Ireland, if your getting a phone delivered on your new deal take the week off to get it delivered. Customer Services in India are so over the top nice on the phone and ask you the same questions over and over again that it just boils your blood more. They are the ultimate example of the Indian Call Centre. I missed delivery after they turned up a day late, when I complained the Indian Supervisor explained they had no link to the courier, it was left up to me to complain to their courier directly.

Then midway through calls the phone kept dropping calls so I was constantly in touch for the length of my contract with them. The killer was when I didn't renew my contract they wanted to know what was wrong that I didn't renew.:confused: My advice is that if you do go ahead with 3, see the doctor first to get your blood pressure tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellen27

I would also advise you not to go with 3. I can only get internet on my phone in the morning plus the signal can be pretty bad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Fwiw, I am with 3 just over a year now and have had no signal issues whatsoever. I love them. My wife joined a couple months back, and other than a slow porting of her old number, it's been perfect for her too. We live in Balbriggan, and I wouldn't be over in rush so can't tell you what coverage is like there, I'm just pointing out that although there are plenty if bad news stories (check out the talk to 3 forum) some of us are getting a great service from 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Seconded. Very happy with my iphone 4 deal from three (even if I bought it in the week before it became free). Get very good coverage in D1, usually 3-4 bars 3G. It does lose signal very occasionally, but overall a happy camper. Add in unlimited data and you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Seconded. Very happy with my iphone 4 deal from three (even if I bought it in the week before it became free). Get very good coverage in D1, usually 3-4 bars 3G. It does lose signal very occasionally, but overall a happy camper. Add in unlimited data and you can't go wrong.

Is D1 in Fingal these days?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

cheer for the help. Still not fully sure yet what to do. I think I might try them out and hope im the one with the good news story and not the bad. Im thinking that due to the deal they are offering, its worth a look at them at least. I hope:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Is D1 in Fingal these days?:D

Well considering Parnell St beat Gardiner St in Indian regional cricket tournament anything is possible, Do 3 take payment in Peso in case I wake up in Mexico tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Lamper.sffc, I'm the same of you. I'm thinking of switching to 3mobile too as they are offering great deals but I just read so many bad comments about their call centers and that scares me.:o

Does anyone know if the signal is good in Waterford City and area?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

racram wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the signal is good in Waterford City and area?
    I would expect you to get a better response to that question in the Waterford City forum

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

There is a reason 3 are the cheapest and the saying is true when it comes to 3, you get what you pay for!

The 3 signal is ok but I have to say I drop more calls with 3 than I have done with Meteor, O2 and Vodafone who I have been with in the past. If you have a problem call the brutal call centre in India whose only solution for any problem is turn off your phone take out your sim blah blah.

I have spent nearly four weeks trying to sort out problems with roaming charges. I stupidly trusted a roaming charges text they sent me when I landed and found out afterwards I was charged more than 4 times the amount in the text. Spent several hours with emails and phonecalls to India and no joy, went into one of the shops to try and get it sorted and told to call customer services in India. 3 also cut me off from making outgoing calls while roaming last week with no warning even though I pay my bills on time and in full every month.

I can't wait until my contract ends because I would rather pay double to another provider than deal with them ever again.

If a 3 rep is reading this please feel free to contact me if you can help end my misery with your company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

anyone living in blessington on 3? im thinking of getting one.
    their site claims decent coverage on their map

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You'd be better off trying the Wicklow or Kildare fora. Posters here generally live in the North County Dublin area. Not much use to you. ;)

Advertisement