Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Broadband with PhoneWatch already Installed

Options
  • 06-10-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am trying to sort my parents out with broadband. They have an eircom account and phoneline and also eircom phonewatch. My father worked for eircom for years as an international operator and took early retirement some time ago.

I know in the past to get broadband in this situation there was the need for a possible engineer install, is this still the case?

As my parents are elderly they cannot really afford to absorb such a cost of an engineer callout.

Please let me know the options and if there is a way such a fee could be waived if still applicable.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am trying to sort my parents out with broadband. They have an eircom account and phoneline and also eircom phonewatch. My father worked for eircom for years as an international operator and took early retirement some time ago.

I know in the past to get broadband in this situation there was the need for a possible engineer install, is this still the case?

As my parents are elderly they cannot really afford to absorb such a cost of an engineer callout.

Please let me know the options and if there is a way such a fee could be waived if still applicable.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Hi eddiem
    If the line is already installed but you have not had broadband before if is possible socket may hace to be changed, but this is not chargable. Can you PM me your tel no and I can check this for you.
    There is a broadband installation fee approx €30.
    PM me will confirm.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi eddiem
    If the line is already installed but you have not had broadband before if is possible socket may hace to be changed, but this is not chargable. Can you PM me your tel no and I can check this for you.
    There is a broadband installation fee approx €30.
    PM me will confirm.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, PM sent.

Advertisement