Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find the name of a band/singer?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I was listening to the radio during work and a song came up which I liked and seems very familiar, but I had to leave and didn't hear too much of it. It might have been on Radio 1, but the presenters were saying that the singer had died recently and was of scottish decent

The singer sounded very similar to Phill Collins and the music wasn't too indifferent. I know this isn't a lot to go on but does anyone have an inkling who this might be?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Kirsty MacColl?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

Silverfish wrote: »
    Kirsty MacColl?

No the singer was male and I think the singer had died within the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Bert Jansch from the band Pentangle?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

Faing wrote: »
    Bert Jansch from the band Pentangle?

I don't think it's them, but the song did sound like their song "Dragon fly" but the lyrics were completely different and it was a man who was singing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

effluent wrote: »
    No the singer was male and I think the singer had died within the last week or so

It would help if I had read your post properly :(

Gerry Rafferty? He was scottish, sang Baker Street?

• Advertisement
Advertisement