Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - What the hell?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Big into football games and made I've had the last 3 Fifa's and PES before that. Have to say though this one is terrible, got rid of it yesterday because I was sick of the glitches, the controls changed at the start of every match, my own players were taking each other out and suddenly crosses were no longer automatically aimed from the side of the box, this was among other things.

Gonna give it a few months to see if they fix it all with patches or if I go back to PES.

I've had the crossing problem too, seems to come and go during the course of a game. Passing is generally frustrating throughout the game. I had a go at PES today and was impressed in parts and disappointed in others, overall no better or worse than FIFA but maybe a little less frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hu0A7s0JUE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Having given it some more time, i've come to the conclusion that the new defensive system is absolute ****. I hate it. Doesn't feel in any way an improvement on the old system. Time to turn it off for ever i think, or i won't be able to play it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

The new Pro Evo game harks back to the old days. Get yourself an option file to get the right jerseys and club names, and get your hands dirty.

I got FIFA for free with a new PS3 at the w/end, I'm giving it away to a mate who's a fanboy. Played a couple of games, complete muck.

There just doesn't seem to be any real soul to FIFA now, but as they've got the bigger marketing budget, they've kind of become the 'Hoover of ubiquity' of soccer games.

Pro Evo isn't perfect either, but they seem to be back on the right track after a couple of awful releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

markesmith wrote: »
    The new Pro Evo game harks back to the old days. Get yourself an option file to get the right jerseys and club names, and get your hands dirty.

I got FIFA for free with a new PS3 at the w/end, I'm giving it away to a mate who's a fanboy. Played a couple of games, complete muck.

There just doesn't seem to be any real soul to FIFA now, but as they've got the bigger marketing budget, they've kind of become the 'Hoover of ubiquity' of soccer games.

Pro Evo isn't perfect either, but they seem to be back on the right track after a couple of awful releases.

Im the same, its has stripped down all the fancy rubbish that has nothing to do with the match and just concentrated on the game, for the first time in years I've really enjoyed it and i was a hardcore Pro evo fanatic back in the day.

But on a side note i played Fifa Vita last week and the touch passing is brilliant, you see a space you want to put the ball into just tap the screen and he does it. No more passing the to wrong player or hitting defenders. Shooting can be controlled with the back touch pad, tap bottom right and he slots it in the bottom right hand corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

tactical defending doesn't work and the disparity between semi pro and pro is too big but generally its quite a good game.

This in a nutshell for me. Very disappointed with this year's FIFA.

Kiith wrote: »
    Having given it some more time, i've come to the conclusion that the new defensive system is absolute ****. I hate it. Doesn't feel in any way an improvement on the old system. Time to turn it off for ever i think, or i won't be able to play it anymore.

How do you turn it off?

Holy sh*t! Never complaining again about it being hard to score in a footie game after watching that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Ardent wrote: »
    How do you turn it off?

If you go in to the game settings from the main screen, there is an option to go back to the old style, hold down A defending. It works ok against the AI but you can't use it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Christ! I remember playing that about twenty years ago, it was horrifically bad:D

I love the way the player looks like he's dancing a dodgy jig on the title screen:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

carlcon wrote: »
    Been giving Player-Manager career mode a go just to try find some positves.

After having to dish out a huge wage rise and a ridiculous signing on fee to keep Welbeck at United, his contract went to -1 years and he disappeared from the game after that season ended.

This game is a crock of schitt.

I don't think I'll be buying this then:( FIFA 09 on the PS2 is still my all time favouritee footy game.

I got a PS3 there on Wednesday with FIFA and a few other games, first console in about 5-6 years as I'd normally play CS:S, SC2 etc on the PC. I was a huge pro evo fan back then but I think FIFA 12 is amazing, really enjoying it so far and I haven't even tried it online yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Crosáidí wrote: »
    FIFA isn't the problem, its you've been away from gaming 7/8 yrs, the manual is on the disc, learn the tutorials, play some practise matches to hone your skills

Yeah the game has evolved in the last 7 or 8 years. Also the AI is probably ****e on the easy level. I doubt you'd be playing any harder after not playing so long?

Advertisement