Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phoenix house carlow

Options
  • 06-10-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

can anyone help me as to where phoenix house is in carlow or who owns it.?only phoenix i know or heard of in carlow is a band by that name led by one of carlow's great musicians-is there any connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

In what context did you come across the name? The only place I know with phoenix in it's name is the Phoenix Community Centre in Rathvilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 the black celt

only heard it mentioned in a pub and thought it might be connected to the band or maybe someone got it mixed up with the burrin house where phoenix used to hang out way back. just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Phoenix is at Graigue bridge. Used to be Alcocks / Corcorans / Phoenix. I think it's called Corcorans again now, where the loft bar is.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

The Phoenix is at Graigue bridge. Used to be Alcocks / Corcorans / Phoenix. I think it's called Corcorans again now, where the loft bar is.

really? I never heard that in all the years I'm passing it. It definitely doesn't have anything to do with G.I anyway OP, unless he got the name of the band from the place Thundercats mentioned back in the mists of time.

Advertisement