Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s plans

• 06-10-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what network providers you guys think will provide billpay plans for the new iphone 4s?

Will o2 just have a contract with apple again or will meteor and three jump in straight away??

Also why would they release the iphone 4s in UK and then 2 weeks later in ireland when its so close to each other???

Thanks for any answers in advanced :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

imo all operators bar tesco will offer it, there is no exclusivitety deal anymore

the biggest markets get the phone first, they are probably releasing it here 2 weeks later as they have more poduced iphones this time

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

ah right its not about location its about market size :(

thanks for your quick reply!

I hope there will be healthy competition between the markets in terms of monthly fees and iphone 4s prices !

I hope the networks will release some information soon on those plans, prices and how to preorder :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yurple wrote: »
    ah right its not about location its about market size :(

thanks for your quick reply!

I hope there will be healthy competition between the markets in terms of monthly fees and iphone 4s prices !

I hope the networks will release some information soon on those plans, prices and how to preorder :rolleyes:
    Well expect Three, Emobile and Meteor to be the best value, in that descending order(IMO), Vodafone and o2's plans, especially when it comes to data, are looking ridiculously stingy at this stage.

Keep a look around here when the plans are announced, there'll be plenty discussion on what are the best plans, as well the option of buying sim free and going with 30 day contract's. I think this option is often overlooked, purely because the steep initial cost of the handset, However, if you do the calculations(as well as what you'd get when you sell the phone on after a year or whatever, a sim free iphone would be a lot easier to sell than a network locked one!), it might make sense if one wanted to stick to a particular network for whatever reason.. Could certainly be a runner for people who want to stick with the vodafone and o2 networks, if their offerings are as stingy as i expect them to be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

If you're (amazing the number of people spell it "your"!!) thinking of changing networks probably a good idea to check coverage with a prepay sim (assuming your iPhone is unlocked) before making any decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

at the moment im on 3 but i have no signal at all in my apartment :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Yurple wrote: »
    at the moment im on 3 but i have no signal at all in my apartment :(

Im the same in my apt... poor reception but its the same with all operators as its a high rise area.. walk out into the courtyard and its 100% perfect.

I would stay away from o2 with any smartphone at the moment there plans are shocking. A friend of mine bought a new iphone with o2 a month ago and is hammered with data pricing already as they only got 250mb. Vodafone seem slightly better but both of them are a mile behind the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

racer1 wrote: »
    Im the same in my apt... poor reception but its the same with all operators as its a high rise area.. walk out into the courtyard and its 100% perfect.

I would stay away from o2 with any smartphone at the moment there plans are shocking. A friend of mine bought a new iphone with o2 a month ago and is hammered with data pricing already as they only got 250mb. Vodafone seem slightly better but both of them are a mile behind the rest.

Options are pretty limited once O2, Vodafone and 3 are ruled out. Meteor appear to have good plans, especially data wise, but the contract length of 24 months is a bit much. I am thinking of getting the 4s but am pay as you go with Vodafone and they charge a fortune. I wonder will Meteor offer the 4s for free like the Iphone4 with all their plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

UK plans have been posted...might give you a rough idea where operators are going with their plans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/oct/07/iphone-4s-guide-uk-tariffs

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

catch--22 wrote: »
    UK plans have been posted...might give you a rough idea where operators are going with their plans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/oct/07/iphone-4s-guide-uk-tariffs

UK plans are usually much better than ours though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 finnyohora

As the title suggests, there are options to get an iphone on any of the existing meteor plans. I copied this from the Meteor 'Talk To Us' section of the website. See below:

Hi all
    The iPhone is here! We're delighted to announce that the iPhone 4 and 3GS are now available online and in stores nationwide.

The iPhone 4 is FREE on our new Bill Pay Smart Plus plans. Have a look here for details
    https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/apple_iphone_4/

You can also get an iPhone on one of our regular Bill Pay plans if you prefer.

12 Month Contracts:
    Connect 25
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Connect 50
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Connect 65
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Max
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €249
    iPhone 4 16GB - €349
    iPhone 4 32GB - €449

Smart 35
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €249
    iPhone 4 16GB - €349
    iPhone 4 32GB - €449

18 Month Contracts:
    Connect 20
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Connect 45
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Connect 60
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €469
    iPhone 4 16GB - €569
    iPhone 4 32GB - €669

Smart 30
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €199
    iPhone 4 16GB - €299
    iPhone 4 32GB - €399

Smart 50
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €149
    iPhone 4 16GB - €249
    iPhone 4 32GB - €349

Smart Unlimited
    iPhone 3GS 8GB - €49
    iPhone 4 16GB - €149
    iPhone 4 32GB - €249

If Pay As You Go is more your thing, here are the prices for you
    iPhone 3GS 8GB €469
    iPhone 4 16 GB €569
    iPhone 4 32GB €669

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Caitriona
    Meteor talk to us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

finnyohora wrote: »
    As the title suggests, there are options to get an iphone on any of the existing meteor plans. I copied this from the Meteor 'Talk To Us' section of the website. See below:
    it's very unlikely that the 4s will be free on any of the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4 finnyohora

The point of the post was that you dont have to take out a 2 year contract. The 4s wont be free of course, no iphone is on first release. It was free simply to get people on the meteor iphone bandwagon since Meteor were so late to the game and to take the sting out of the 2 year ball and chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

UK has a large market size, so it first release on UK

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

how much are we probably looking at for the 4s the on a 18 month contract at around 40 a month? the iPhone 4 is currently 189 or thereabouts but i assume that the 4s will be a bit more pricey right because carriers lowered their prices for the 4 earlier this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Well expect Three, Emobile and Meteor to be the best value, in that descending order(IMO), Vodafone and o2's plans, especially when it comes to data, are looking ridiculously stingy at this stage.

Keep a look around here when the plans are announced, there'll be plenty discussion on what are the best plans, as well the option of buying sim free and going with 30 day contract's. I think this option is often overlooked, purely because the steep initial cost of the handset, However, if you do the calculations(as well as what you'd get when you sell the phone on after a year or whatever, a sim free iphone would be a lot easier to sell than a network locked one!), it might make sense if one wanted to stick to a particular network for whatever reason.. Could certainly be a runner for people who want to stick with the vodafone and o2 networks, if their offerings are as stingy as i expect them to be..

Yeah im moving away from Vodafone after 10 years because of there data charges on the i-phone.

3 are the best as they offer unlimited data on your i-phone as far as ive heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yeah im moving away from Vodafone after 10 years because of there data charges on the i-phone.

3 are the best as they offer unlimited data on your i-phone as far as ive heard.

Data allowance is where it's at nowadays. 3 are slowly sweeping up with their unlimited data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

naasrd wrote: »
    Data allowance is where it's at nowadays. 3 are slowly sweeping up with their unlimited data.

Yea but the feckers won't let u tether with it anymore which for me is a big minus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yea but the feckers won't let u tether with it anymore which for me is a big minus.

Jailbreak and buy MyWi, they can't tell you're tethering apparently.

Advertisement