Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guarantee in pvc windows

Options
  • 06-10-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there, i bought my house about 7 years ago, and every year my windows seem to be getting worse, the vents on top do not seal when closed cold air still flows in, when the handles are in the locked position air still passes through the frames. im not sure who fitted the windows for the building contractor that built the estate, are they obliged to repair or where do i stand with a guarantee. any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are out of luck. Unless you have a specific guarantee from the contractor (which is highly unlikely) you need to get the windows repaired or replaced yourself.

A house is not like a consumer good. You have much fewer rights.

Even if your house were a consumer good, too much time has elapsed.

If you want to take this further, your first point of contact would be with the developer, and then with your solicitor. But I don't think you will have much success.

Advertisement