Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maglock

Options
  • 06-10-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Am looking to put a maglock on my side gate with keypad access and pushbutton on the garden side. All the devices will have to be waterproof. What I'm wondering is if it's much more expensive than a standard setup.also would I be better off with a keypad on the garden side instead of a push release encase anyone jumps the wall? Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the wall is easy to jump why not put a keypad both sides?
    Could a single keypad be accessed from bith side? If so forget about the release switch & maybe use a keypad with a built in prox fob reader.
    What type of gate is it?
    All devices for this type of installation would be IP rated. Have you decided where you are running the power from?
    This cable would need to be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

I have an outdoor socket which I can spur off and run steel conduit to a weather proof junction box. It's more for access than security but I think 2 keypads is the way to go... Can't really reach the keypad from the garden side. The gate has lats in it but the space is quiet narrow between them...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the gate wooden?
    Two keypads would be the way to go if the garden is still easily accessible .
    Also remember the cable from the weather proof box to the keypad & locks also needs protecting.

The gate is wooden with a steel frame and steel cross bars on it. Yeah will have to figure out how I protect the cables from the junction box without it being an eyesore....

If the steel frame is hollow you could do some fishing.;)

• Advertisement

The power is on the side that the gate opens so will not need to fish across the gate, just to the keypad and the lock all on the same side... Will price the gear 2m and then figure out how it all works... Will be over in sandyford 2m, any where around there that I can call into for a price, cheers....

Any of these wouldn't be too far off for you.
    REW
    The Westway Centre,
    Ballymount Ave,
    Dublin 12
    Tel:01 405 0200
    Fax:01 456 8802
    www.rew.ie

Beacon Communications
    Unit 1 A, Nangor Road Business Park,
    Nangor Road
    Dublin 12
    Phone:
    01419 8485
    01419 8488
    Fax: +353 1 419 8606
    http://www.beaconcomms.ie/

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

got the keypads workin and all is good, altor gave me a bit of a dig out so thanx to him and koolkid for all his advice too

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

got the keypads workin and all is good, altor gave me a bit of a dig out so thanx to him and koolkid for all his advice too

cheers guys

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement