Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 5 on ipod touch 2nd generation

Options
  • 06-10-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am aware that iOS 5 is not available on ipod touch 2g but wanted to know whether there will be a way to get around this in order to access the new features the new OS is bringing, in particular wi-fi sync.

I know very little about jailbreaking but would this be a way to get around this issue ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No, jailbreaking won't do any good for this. The only way this could happen is if someone reverse engineers a copy of iOS 5 to support the hardware of that model of iPod, which is really not very likely at all to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

thanks, thats very disappointing news. Basically in order to access the new features I'll have to fork out 200 euro :mad::mad:

Advertisement