Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers in Drogheda.

Options
  • 06-10-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking to get my septum repierced after it was pierced crooked the first time.

I found two piercers in Drogheda, Co.Louth.

They are Dark Valley and The Pain Factory.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which I should go for?

Sorry if it's against forum rules or anything.

P.S Is it difficult to get a septum piercing straight?
    P.P.S Does the way in which it heals influence if it is crooked or not? Like if it was p my nose all the time?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Can't help you on finding a piercer, but a good piercer should be able to pierce a septum straight. Doesn't make a difference if it's flipped up or down, the only thing that could affect it is if you're flipping it up and down while healing. That could cause it to be crooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

So it should be ok to either leave it fully flipped up the whole time, or fully flipped down?

Thanks for your help btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, left mine up while it healed and it's nice and straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Thanks for your help. Just I got really annoyed when I finally started wearing it down that I just took it out. Then again, it was cheap so I couldn't expect it to be too good. -_-

For some reason I keep putting it off getting it done. I don't know why -_- I was going to get it done today then I just decided nah. Maybe I am afraid of the pain again or something? Even though it wasn't that sore lol

I think I'm just weird haha

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

I have had some stuff done in dark valley and the guy knows exactly what he is doing . Very clean and very professional . I would recommend him anytime . Have heard some horror stories about the pain factory when it comes to tattoos , not piercings though so i cant say anything negative about the guy who does that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

dark Valley piercer is Baz Black. he's pretty new (about 4-5 years) but still very good.

Pain factory is Dec Keirans.. hes been doing it forever nearly and a really nice guy.

both are good are very clean, professional and good at their job.. just a matter of who you'd prefer really.

(and as southlouth type said... steer clear of the pain factory for tattoos... you wont be impressed)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

DYLF wrote: »
    dark Valley piercer is Baz Black. he's pretty new (about 4-5 years) but still very good.

Pain factory is Dec Keirans.. hes been doing it forever nearly and a really nice guy.

both are good are very clean, professional and good at their job.. just a matter of who you'd prefer really.

(and as southlouth type said... steer clear of the pain factory for tattoos... you wont be impressed)

Dark valley has a guy called Dave doing the piercing , baz black has a shop around the corner on laurence st .

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Dark valley has a guy called Dave doing the piercing , baz black has a shop around the corner on laurence st .

sorry.. its been a while since i've been into either of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AineThePiercer

Baz is good people :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pink-mist

Don't go to the pain factory for piercing, he completly BOTCHED my septum, was a nightmare! He's pretty pricey too for shoddy work.

I'd reccommend anybody else, baz is pretty good or just go upstairs in stephens green (wildcat) next time your in dublin. Well worth the trip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I've had 13 piercings done in The Pain Factory and would always recommend Dec. He's great! I got a piercing done in Dublin on a whim and it got infected and he was sound enough to help me sort it out :) the man is a legend

Advertisement