Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SkyBlock Adventure map :)

• 06-10-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Big thanks to deconduo for this :)

I highly recommend this map, so much fun and it's pretty hard :/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/

dng7mh.png
    Rules:
    Do NOT leave the island.
    NO Mods, Hacks, Flying, etc.
    Post pictures of your achievements and progress!
    Have FUN!

Hints:
    Lava + Water = Cobblestone.

Challenges:
    1.Build a Cobble Stone generator.
    2.Build a house.
    3.Expand the island.
    4.Make a melon farm.
    5.Make a pumpkin farm.
    6.Make a reed farm.
    7.Make a wheat farm.
    8.Make a giant red mushroom.
    9.Build a bed.
    10.Make 40 stone brick's.
    11.Make atleast 20 torches.
    12.Make an infinite water source.
    13.Build a furnace.
    14.Make a small lake.
    15.Make a platform 24 blocks away from the island, for mobs to spawn.
    16.Make 10 cactus green dye.
    17.Make 10 mushroom stew.
    18.Make 10 Jack 'o' lanterns.
    19.Build 10 bookcases.
    20.Make 10 bread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

An infuriating map at times given my propensity to turn the lava into fecking obsidian by accident :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Once you've made your infinipool out of the ice and nearby lava and then get the CSG running nearby its all a game of careful expansion and lots of cobble, water and tree spam :D

Then expand out and make a nice wee mob farm with the cobble and water. Collection chute going back to "your" area and you're set - you now have infinite wood, cobble, water and string. Wood makes sticks, planks and the oh-so-vital Charcoal, string is used in Fishing Rods and for making Wool, charcoal plus sticks equals Torches and by smelting cobble you can make any Stone item. Only thing you're short on is Glass due to so little Sand so stick with Panes for better mileage!

Hell, keep some of the grass from the original Dirt and you can use Bone Meal from farmed Bones to get Seeds and thus Wheat, and Flowers for more dyes!

Only stuff you are well and truly missing is Iron and Redstone. You can live without Clocks and Powered Rails for once! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

oh I know all that, but its my cack handed placement of water that has got me in trouble repeatedly. I had a nice plantation area with cobble underneath it below the origional area and then bang no more cobble :mad:. Very good map though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Tried it the other day, All was going well and had most of the goals achieved so decided to set up a wheat farm. Didn't know grass needed nearby grass to grow... and as i had removed all the original platform... I failed and rage quit.

Why doesn't bonemeal grow grass:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I prefer survival ocean :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Have a link? Might do that next :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Just what I need to get me back to Minecraft!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Loved that map, heart broke after so many days on it and completing every challenge I slipped off a ladder and became pavement patty :o

The automated farm plan actually came from my farming experiments on that run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Finding this to be great fun so far. My first attempt lasted about 10 minutes when i got cocky using tallon's technique of going over the side with water. I went in with a bucket and 30 dirt and died.

I combined my CSG and infinipool by accident which turned out to greatly save space

Currently 2 hours in now and have some pics attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

• Advertisement

Here's my lil skyblock pictures..

Didn't realise grass doesn't grow automatically on the dirt so no chance of wheat but I'm playing on :p

I tried building this after watching the video and couldn't remember how you did it but I think i got your concept done right. It is so much faster now =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Instead of chancing your arm with Tallons waterfall method, you can place your lava off the side of the sky world, let it fall for a little bit, take the lava back and quickly place water where the lava was.
    The water flows down around the lava and creates a giant pillar of cobble.
    A nice way of getting down a few levels to make a new floor.

Might need a picture to explain better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Instead of chancing your arm with Tallons waterfall method, you can place your lava off the side of the sky world, let it fall for a little bit, take the lava back and quickly place water where the lava was.
    The water flows down around the lava and creates a giant pillar of cobble.
    A nice way of getting down a few levels to make a new floor.

Might need a picture to explain better.
    That makes so much flipping sense!!!

I can actually do that now instead of mining... you legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Im hooked on this feckin map!!! Thanks Tallon!

Made a huge monster spawner on sat night and its workin deadly except them feck aether mobs keep pickin up blocks and puttin holes in it!

Might try make the roof in it smaller later to stop them spawning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Tallon wrote: »
    That makes so much flipping sense!!!

I can actually do that now instead of mining... you legend :D

only until 1.9 you can :P
    someone back me up here...i know i read it somewhere

My bedrock block is just floating above my place doing nothing, would it be considered cheating if i removed it with mcedit?

My bedrock block is just floating above my place doing nothing, would it be considered cheating if i removed it with mcedit?

Definitely :p

Advertisement