Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Hotel

Options
  • 06-10-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I will be staying at Salthill Hotel in November , can anyone tell me if the train station is anywhere near the hotel , I'll be travelling from Heuston Dublin. The hotels website doesnt give any '' getting here '' information. I need to return on Saturday Night but wont be able to leave til about 7pm and I cant find a return train or bus at that time. Is there any other way or will I have to stay Saturday Night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Try citylink or gobus,best for later times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Do you know if the bus or train stations are close to the hotel ??

5-10 mins in a taxi.The station is in eyre square.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭chickencurry02

no they are not very close, train station is beside eyre square where if you get the salthill bus it will drop you outside salthill hotel, about 15 mins trip

I know the station in Eyre Square but I thought they're might be a stop in Salthill. Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement

Buses in galway city about as reliable as the weather though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Get the number 1 bus from outside AIB Eyre Square which is 100 meters from the train station.

There is a bus stop 100 meters from the Salthill Hotel, The route detours in and around Salthill including a long wait at Pearse Stadium/Scoil Einde on Mannix Road. .

Maybe 20 to 25 minutes should get you there.

Thanks everyone :)

no they are not very close, train station is beside eyre square where if you get the salthill bus it will drop you outside salthill hotel, about 15 mins trip

Is that the Number 1 bus ErnieBert mentioned ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Karen23 wrote: »

Is that the Number 1 bus ErnieBert mentioned ??

Probably, but if you can spare 7 or 8 Euro, just jump in a taxi at the door of the train station, particularly if you have heavy bags or the weather is terrible. Bus is about 1.60 but we don't have the most reliable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Less than 8 quid in a cab either way, bit away walking from the station, but quick by car, enjoy!

Thats brilliant , I'll just get a taxi instead , saves all the hassle. Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

there's a hackney office with set prices around the corner - cara cabs. Just the other side of the Myerck. I wouldn't get a taxi off the rank. Always a rip off, always charge a fortune and some dodgy characters.

Procabs up the top of the square offers great value and excellent service as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

If you can find the bus stop for salthill outside the aib beside the meryick hotel,cara cabs is just behind it,shouldnt cost more than €8.

Gobus and citylink are the best galway to dublin options,just as fast as the train and a lot cheaper,€20 return as far as i know,just remember to get a DIRECT bus to dublin with citylink,i think every second citylink bus goes through a lot of towns as opposed to taking the motorway and straight to dublin.
    All of Gobus services are direct (motorway) i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Karen23 wrote: »
    Hi ,

I will be staying at Salthill Hotel in November , can anyone tell me if the train station is anywhere near the hotel , I'll be travelling from Heuston Dublin. The hotels website doesnt give any '' getting here '' information. I need to return on Saturday Night but wont be able to leave til about 7pm and I cant find a return train or bus at that time. Is there any other way or will I have to stay Saturday Night.

Last CityLink Express bus is at 19.15. Takes just over 2 and a half hours. Last GoBus departs at 18.45, both are the same price iirc. Stay away from the Bus Eireann bus to Dublin, it's not an express bus and it's more expensive iirc. There's also wireless on both CityLink and GoBus and a toilet, neither of which are on Bus Eireann buses the last time I checked.

Advertisement