Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isleway House

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

has anyone here lived in Isleway house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    Where's this?

I think larkins lane in letterkenny, the road pearse road tyres is on :pac: Yes im serious, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

if its the block directly across from the tyre place then my friend had a flat there.. it was your very basic run of the mill flat that is common in the centre of town - furnished with 80s fittings.. but it done the job for him & he was happy enough there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    if its the block directly across from the tyre place then my friend had a flat there.. it was your very basic run of the mill flat that is common in the centre of town - furnished with 80s fittings.. but it done the job for him & he was happy enough there!

thats crerand house it beside that.

I was thinking of moving down here but the flats are very cheap i was just wondering if there is any catch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

There is a 'catch' to any of the flats off lower main street. They are not a safe area especially at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

annascott wrote: »
    There is a 'catch' to any of the flats off lower main street. They are not a safe area especially at night.
    In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

In what way?

Them cobblestones are treacherous when wet!

But she may not be alluding to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

In what way?

A criminal way.
    Man due in court over Donegal stabbing
    Two hurt in separate assaults

I was also threatened walking near an apartment complex on Lower Main Street.

A criminal way.
    Man due in court over Donegal stabbing
    Two hurt in separate assaults

I was also threatened walking near an apartment complex on Lower Main Street.

ah now you had to go back over 5 years to get 2 articles.

Its by no means the most attractive place to live in the town, but 99% of the time bother doesn't find you you find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

ah now you had to go back over 5 years to get 2 articles.

Its by no means the most attractive place to live in the town, but 99% of the time bother doesn't find you you find it!

Wasn't looking too hard, sorry :pac:

Would finding bother include going into an unsafe part of a town?

• Advertisement

Wasn't looking too hard, sorry :pac:

Would finding bother include going into an unsafe part of a town?

Not at all, like I say 99% of the time you'll not have any bother anywhere in the town unless you go looking for it. Of course there is the 1% who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but them incidents are few and far between!

Back on topic, I cannot see any real problems with your friend renting a place there, make sure he gets a rental agreement and check it over a few times, as regards that block being unsafe, I wouldn't think so its on a very busy road (used as a shortcut to save going to the bottom of the main street).

Advertisement