Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating & Water Heating not working

• 06-10-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We had the central heating and water heating system in our house replaced about 2 years ago with a nice SEI approved system which has been pretty good up until now.
    Right now the Myson control panel backlight is not on, but is still displaying the time etc. I have a feeling that this is the problem, and that there is an easy solution, but for the life of me I can't work out what it is...
    The boiler appears to be OK, with the gas pressure at about 0.6 bar, well above the 0.2 required.
    I have tried turning off the switch below the timer, and when I do the timer goes blank until I turn it back on again.
    There are no electrical fuses tripped, and the LED on the switch below the timer is on.
    It's been like this for a couple of days, so our only hot water is from the kettle or electric shower, and the house is getting a bit cold... :-)
    It's amazing how little information on this kind of thing is on the web.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

I am also posting this to the Heating forum which I only just spotted after creating this post.

Comments

Advertisement