Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dvleonard

Meteor Mobile is offering 200 minutes 200 texts + 1GB data on a 30 day (no contact) SIM only package!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dvleonard wrote: »
    Meteor Mobile is offering 200 minutes 200 texts + 1GB data on a 30 day (no contact) SIM only package!

Read the thread. This has already been posted and replied to.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Read the thread. This has already been posted and replied to.:(

Except something dvleonard forgot to mention is that they are now offering this plan for €15.25/month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Hi Paul.
    What are the international rates (uk, us etc) for the sim only plans.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Also, what's the data network like. Is it HSDPA. And will i be able to access android market, connect android apps to the internet etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Paul.
    What are the international rates (uk, us etc) for the sim only plans.
    Thanks.

US 2c per minute Mobile and Landline
    UK 1c per minute Landline and 20c per mintue Mobile

Full list of rates here

http://tescomobile.ie/international-rates.aspx

Also, what's the data network like. Is it HSDPA. And will i be able to access android market, connect android apps to the internet etc.

We have the same cvoverage as O2 and it is HSDPA but we are bandwidth limited currently to a max of about 1.2mbps

Yes, we have no restrictions on what you access and Tethering is inlcuded in your data allowances

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

We have the same cvoverage as O2 and it is HSDPA but we are bandwidth limited currently to a max of about 1.2mbps
    Yes, we have no restrictions on what you access and Tethering is inlcuded in your data allowances

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul

When do you expect to be providing higher bandwidths?

shamwari wrote: »
    Hi Paul

When do you expect to be providing higher bandwidths?

Around summertime is latest prediction but it could be September...details still to be worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Hey paul,there is not a great selection on the prepay phones at the moment,is there gona be any new added any time soon,thanks

• Advertisement

manutd83 wrote: »
    Hey paul,there is not a great selection on the prepay phones at the moment,is there gona be any new added any time soon,thanks

Hi there

Yes, there will be range additions over the coming weeks.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

sorry to be pushy but any more details on that

manutd83 wrote: »
    sorry to be pushy but any more details on that

No clear details yet, but we will have a couple of new Samsung phones and some other Android devices. We are also reviewing some Windows devices presently but these are not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hi Paul, does Tesco support blackberry BIS? as in can you use it? How much extra is it?

Hi Paul, does Tesco support blackberry BIS? as in can you use it? How much extra is it?

No not yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Paul
    I moved over to you €30 sim last week on an iPhone 4 and cannot get the settings sent to my phone from your website as iPhone oe Apple is not an option. I'm looking for the tethering settings as I need to enter these (blank on the phone) to get the hotspot back on my phone.
    Cheers
    Joe

sentenel wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    I moved over to you €30 sim last week on an iPhone 4 and cannot get the settings sent to my phone from your website as iPhone oe Apple is not an option. I'm looking for the tethering settings as I need to enter these (blank on the phone) to get the hotspot back on my phone.
    Cheers
    Joe

Hi Joe

You shouldnet need anything in the Tethering box. We dont block or use a different APN for tethering but you could just put the APN from below there

Settings for iPhone

1. Put the Tesco Mobile SIM in unlocked iPhone and perform normal setup via iTunes

2. Go to Settings->General->Network and Turn Data Roaming On

3. Also in Settings->General->Network go to Mobile Data Network
    Put APN and MMS proxy details in as below

a) Enter the following details into Mobile Data at the top of the section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Username: leave empty
    Password: leave empty

b) Enter following details into the MMS section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL : leave empty

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Is the smtp outgoing server mail1.eircom.net for an eircom email account. I can't seem to send email while on Tesco network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Soot-fan wrote: »
    Is the smtp outgoing server mail1.eircom.net for an eircom email account. I can't seem to send email while on Tesco network.

try mail.tesco.net

Soot-fan wrote: »

Hi There

This is an eircom issue as the smtp server they provide doesn't work outside eircom.

We don't provide SMTP services. You can source an SMTP service for free through Google or a paid for service through hosting companies like Register 365

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jigz

Hi, just wondering if online is the only way to sign up for a bill pay with Tesco? Can you also do it in-store?

Jigz wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if online is the only way to sign up for a bill pay with Tesco? Can you also do it in-store?

Hi there

There are three ways if you are signing up SIM Only

1. We have representatives in 30 Tesco stores from Tuesday to Saturday that can sign you up and port over there and then on SIM Only. Stores are Balbriggan Extra, Clarehall Extra, Nutgrove SC, Rathfarnham, Cabra, Clearwater Extra (Finglas), Tallaght, Jervis, Ardkeen Extra, Arklow Extra, Coonagh, Douglas, Mahon Point Extra, Dundalk, Drogheda, Edenderry Extra, Tullamore Extra, Wexford Extra, Nenagh, Clonmel, Roscrea, Maynooth, Carlow, Galway City, Roscommon Town, Navan, Sligo, Claremorris, Killarney Park Extra

2. You can sign up online at http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shop.aspx

3. You can call our Telesales team on 1800 800 089

Note, Pay Monthly handset contract orders are fulfilled through Online even when ordered with our reps in store.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jigz

Perfect... Might be going to Jervis later so..

Anyways, Tesco should also setup a thread in the "Talk to" section of the boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

You'd be a lot easier to find there. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Paul, what's the story with data bundles on capped data plans?

For example - €10 gives me €30 credit

Can I spend €6.99 for a months data (1GB) listed here and then have €23.01 left as credit for calls/texts for the month?

Paul, what's the story with data bundles on capped data plans?

For example - €10 gives me €30 credit

Can I spend €6.99 for a months data (1GB) listed here and then have €23.01 left as credit for calls/texts for the month?

Hi Colm

The €10 is a subscription that gives you €30 tariff credit much like bonus credit in PAYG - the €10 is then spent. While the €30 can be used for data overage it cant be use to buy bundles or make international/roaming/premium calls. You need to topup to additionally for this.

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Hi Colm

The €10 is a subscription that gives you €30 tariff credit much like bonus credit in PAYG - the €10 is then spent. While the €30 can be used for data overage it cant be use to buy bundles or make international/roaming/premium calls. You need to topup to additionally for this.

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

I see... Was thinking there'd be a catch like that

So could I top up by €10 on top of the €10 subscription that comes out of my bank account for the month and use that to buy a data bundle?

Alternatively would it be possible to set up a DD for €16.99/month altogether and get the €30 credit and 1GB of net for the month?

I see... Was thinking there'd be a catch like that

So could I top up by €10 on top of the €10 subscription that comes out of my bank account for the month and use that to buy a data bundle?

Alternatively would it be possible to set up a DD for €16.99/month altogether and get the €30 credit and 1GB of net for the month?

Yes you can top up the extra €10 to buy the bundle.

We will be doing something on recurring bundles in couple of months across all plans that is very similar to your second suggestion.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Paul is there a way to check the remaining minutes and texts using a short code from the phone on a Tesco Mobile bill plan. On O2 you can use *111# to give the remaining mins/text remaining.

Not yet...but..... by the end of the week it wilI be possible. Text BALANCE to 1744. We will send a text to Pay Monthly customers to notify them when available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Great thread and feedback from Paul, I searched and didn't find the following information, maybe Paul you can help.

1 Will Viber work on the limited broadband?
    2 I live close to the border, if my phone picks up a northern network am I paying full international rates?
    3 when will the S2 skyrocket be available on billpay? 4G while not important now will be important in 2 years when selling on. my old desire is still worth £150...

I'm on three now at the €79 per month but your €55 would be similar - better coverage - lower BB speed - no all Ireland roaming. Still work a look, contract ends in 30 days...

Advertisement