Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi there

You have the wrong access point - you are still pointing at 3. This is why it doesnt work

Go to Settings - > Configuration - > Preferred Access Point and change to the one that would have been setup when you got the settings sent to you. This is likely called TMI WAP

Also, enable HS Packet Data on your device if you want to use 3G

See here for a manual that may be useful

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_6700_classic_UG_en.pdf

Save this and it should work.

regards
    Paul

thanks for all your work on this Paul, appreciate it.

think i have found the problem, under 'preferred access point' the setting is set to 3 and cannot be changed, at least not by me anyway. there are several access points under 'preferred access point' but all of them are set to 3 and can't be changed or edited.

i'm going to call into a 3 store and see what can be done to change this.

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

who_ru wrote: »
    thanks for all your work on this Paul, appreciate it.

think i have found the problem, under 'preferred access point' the setting is set to 3 and cannot be changed, at least not by me anyway. there are several access points under 'preferred access point' but all of them are set to 3 and can't be changed or edited.

i'm going to call into a 3 store and see what can be done to change this.

thanks again

Yes, sounds like the variant is tied to 3 (even if unlocked) and it may need to be flashed with a unbranded version of software.

The settings from our website will apply correctly then.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Hi Paul,

I downloaded the WAP and MMS settings to my Nokia 6700 slide. They work fine. Where/how can I setup a 3G internet access point setting?

Thanks
    Aidan

kelzer wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I downloaded the WAP and MMS settings to my Nokia 6700 slide. They work fine. Where/how can I setup a 3G internet access point setting?

Thanks
    Aidan

Hi Aidan

I presume you mean to tether your device to use with a laptop or PC. You need to download the Nokia PC Suite to enable this. Once downloaded you shuld be able to tether via data cable or Bluetooth of your laptop has bluetooth.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

No I want to get a 3G connection for internet browsing on the phone. Currently only have a WAP connection. Is there a connfiguration for the higher 3G speed?

• Advertisement

Hi Paul,

No I want to get a 3G connection for internet browsing on the phone. Currently only have a WAP connection. Is there a connfiguration for the higher 3G speed?

Hi there

go to menu settings,connectivity ,network you will see dual mode and gsm. Make sure dual mode is on.

Our speeds are capped at 1.2mbps.

regards
    Paul

Still only appearing with a WAP connection when I try to connect.

Also when I send a text using FishText, only the last 4 digits of my number appear as the sender's number.

Still only appearing with a WAP connection when I try to connect.

Also when I send a text using FishText, only the last 4 digits of my number appear as the sender's number.

The profile name has nothing to do with the speed - it is likely using 3G if you can get the coverage. That is phone secific. We only have one set of config settings.

I don't know what FishText is.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Have Tescomobile any plans to better the new meteor €15 a month plan?

For €15 on meteor you get 200 mins/SMS per month, free meteor calls/SMS and 1gb of data.

For €16 on Tescomobile you get same amount of calls/SMS but only 100mb of data!

Same 30 day contract for both so Meteor are def winning on the value front right now.

Over to you Tescomobile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Paul,

Do you guys brand your Android handsets?
    Was strongly considering the SGSII on the "unlimited" plan but not if it has a load of bloatware and apps installed on it by Tesco :(

Also, how quick are any Android updates? Are they available immediately upon release or do Tesco need to test and approve them before then releasing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Kensington wrote: »
    Paul,

Do you guys brand your Android handsets?
    Was strongly considering the SGSII on the "unlimited" plan but not if it has a load of bloatware and apps installed on it by Tesco :(

Also, how quick are any Android updates? Are they available immediately upon release or do Tesco need to test and approve them before then releasing?

I got that phone from Tesco, there is no Tesco apps installed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I got that phone from Tesco, there is no Tesco apps installed anywhere.
    Same here no Tesco apps on my SG Sii

Hi Guys

The Galaxy SII is standard Samsung Ireland variant so we get upgrades when Samsung approve. On other phones we have Tesco Mobile variant but we will generally approve very quickly.

We dont load any extra apps on our variants except Hullomail which is free to use on Tesco Mobile.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

reni10 wrote: »
    Have Tescomobile any plans to better the new meteor €15 a month plan?

For €15 on meteor you get 200 mins/SMS per month, free meteor calls/SMS and 1gb of data.

For €16 on Tescomobile you get same amount of calls/SMS but only 100mb of data!

Same 30 day contract for both so Meteor are def winning on the value front right now.

Over to you Tescomobile...

Any reply to this query?

lil5 wrote: »
    Any reply to this query?

Hi there

Meteor launched this plan last week. We launched ours 4 weeks ago.

I dont have any more to say on this yet.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi there

Meteor launched this plan last week. We launched ours 4 weeks ago.

I dont have any more to say on this yet.

regards
    Paul

Interesting ... so it was a defensive strategic play by Meteor/Eircom. I am guessing by your use of the word "yet", Tesco may yet price match Meteor or even trump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Hi Paul,
    I called TM customer service two weeks ago requesting a PAYG micro sim for an iPhone. Unfortunately I was sent an incorrect sim. Another call resulted in an assurance correct sim was "in the post". Ten days later, still no sign.
    CAn you help? Your plans sound to good to be true. I've been mugged long enough by O2 and am very keen to tell them where to go.
    But as a heavy call/data user I'd really like to check out your capped data speeds before I sign up.

Thanks.

RnR wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I called TM customer service two weeks ago requesting a PAYG micro sim for an iPhone. Unfortunately I was sent an incorrect sim. Another call resulted in an assurance correct sim was "in the post". Ten days later, still no sign.
    CAn you help? Your plans sound to good to be true. I've been mugged long enough by O2 and am very keen to tell them where to go.
    But as a heavy call/data user I'd really like to check out your capped data speeds before I sign up.

Thanks.

sorry about the hassle on this, PM sent

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

Any news on webtext, Paul? In a previous post you said "Yes, second week of Nov is planned go live",

Thanks

Any news on webtext, Paul? In a previous post you said "Yes, second week of Nov is planned go live",

Thanks

Yes, its in test. currently looking like it will launch sometime in week beginning 28th Nov. Sorry for all the delays on this.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Hi Guys

The Galaxy SII is standard Samsung Ireland variant so we get upgrades when Samsung approve. On other phones we have Tesco Mobile variant but we will generally approve very quickly.

We dont load any extra apps on our variants except Hullomail which is free to use on Tesco Mobile.

regards
    Paul

Cheers Paul, finally, any word on data add-ons for billpay?

Kensington wrote: »
    Cheers Paul, finally, any word on data add-ons for billpay?

We are looking at this presently. Realistically it will be January before its live.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I signed up for Tesco monthly and my plan is

1000 any network minutes
    1000 any network texts
    2GB monthly data
    Anytime calls & texts to Tesco mobiles

I just checked my data useage on the Tesco mobile site and it says my balance is €65 but I signed up for €55 a month, surely I should not be charged unless I go over these figures in the plan. But I have had the phone for a week and a half and seldom use it. Where are these extra charges coming from?
    for example, here are 2 samples from my usage details:

GPRS Basic Service Nov 9, 2011 1:28:42 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 8,624,523 Bytes EUR6.49

and

Voice Calls Nov 9, 2011 2:59:32 PM 353894500000 National calls to mobile network 9 Seconds EUR0.20

why am I getting charged 20 cent for voice calls?

Thanks for any help as I am sure others thinking of moving to Tesco Mobile will be having the same kind of questions.

I signed up for Tesco monthly and my plan is

1000 any network minutes
    1000 any network texts
    2GB monthly data
    Anytime calls & texts to Tesco mobiles

I just checked my data useage on the Tesco mobile site and it says my balance is €65 but I signed up for €55 a month, surely I should not be charged unless I go over these figures in the plan. But I have had the phone for a week and a half and seldom use it. Where are these extra charges coming from?
    for example, here are 2 samples from my usage details:

GPRS Basic Service Nov 9, 2011 1:28:42 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 8,624,523 Bytes EUR6.49

and

Voice Calls Nov 9, 2011 2:59:32 PM 353894500000 National calls to mobile network 9 Seconds EUR0.20

why am I getting charged 20 cent for voice calls?

Thanks for any help as I am sure others thinking of moving to Tesco Mobile will be having the same kind of questions.

Hi Chris

Amount is the notional cost and Discounted Amount is what you actually Pay (will be 0 if coming from your bundle).

Note that your first bundle allowances are a precentage proratad to your first bill date e.g. if you sign up 10 days before your first bill you get 10 days worth of your allowance until the bill and then a full month from there. Your actual allowances will be visible in My Tesco Mobile on the balances overview screen.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Paul,
    Trying out data on PAYG...
    Is there any reason why data will only work if set to roaming? Tried on two phones (a Nokia E66 and ZTE Blade) and same on both. CS were unable to offer any explanantion.
    Obviously this isn't right and coiuld cause a very large bill abroad if not set to off before leaving...
    Plus, the website wouldn't text me settings for the ZTE (was fine with sending for the Nokia however) - it said it had sent them, but never actually arrived even after several attempts, so had to enter them manually.
    Not an auspicious start :(

nephster wrote: »
    Paul,
    Trying out data on PAYG...
    Is there any reason why data will only work if set to roaming? Tried on two phones (a Nokia E66 and ZTE Blade) and same on both. CS were unable to offer any explanantion.
    Obviously this isn't right and coiuld cause a very large bill abroad if not set to off before leaving...
    Plus, the website wouldn't text me settings for the ZTE (was fine with sending for the Nokia however) - it said it had sent them, but never actually arrived even after several attempts, so had to enter them manually.
    Not an auspicious start :(

Data roaming needs to be on due to our status as an MVNO roaming on O2. It has no bearing on charging. We dont have data roaming yet so its not an issue as of now. Also most new Android phones are coming with a National Romaing setting to cover this issue.

Need to check why the ZTE is on the site but doesnt send.

regadrs
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Thanks for the extra speedy reply :) Can I suggest you let CS know that regarding roaming, as most people using the SIM-only option will have that set to off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Yes, its in test. currently looking like it will launch sometime in week beginning 28th Nov. Sorry for all the delays on this.

regards
    Paul

Have you considered putting it out beta?

groom wrote: »
    Have you considered putting it out beta?

We did but decided that it was better to wait.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

nephster wrote: »
    Thanks for the extra speedy reply :) Can I suggest you let CS know that regarding roaming, as most people using the SIM-only option will have that set to off?

Yes, the guys should know this but will forward on to them

regards
    Paul

Advertisement