Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Hi,
    I'm so very tempted to end the rip off I subject myself to each month with O2.

I've now tried a TM micro sim with my iPhone 4 and am delighted with coverage and download speeds are just fine.

Last question before I move my number, with Esat/O2 since they started, can I tether with Tesco Mobile ??

1000 mins, 1000 txts and 2 GB data for €50 per month is irresistible !!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

RnR wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I called TM customer service two weeks ago requesting a PAYG micro sim for an iPhone. Unfortunately I was sent an incorrect sim. Another call resulted in an assurance correct sim was "in the post". Ten days later, still no sign.
    CAn you help? Your plans sound to good to be true. I've been mugged long enough by O2 and am very keen to tell them where to go.
    But as a heavy call/data user I'd really like to check out your capped data speeds before I sign up.

Thanks.

this happened to me some months ago, i had to leave them as by this time i was without a fone for 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

RnR wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm so very tempted to end the rip off I subject myself to each month with O2.

I've now tried a TM micro sim with my iPhone 4 and am delighted with coverage and download speeds are just fine.

Last question before I move my number, with Esat/O2 since they started, can I tether with Tesco Mobile ??

1000 mins, 1000 txts and 2 GB data for €50 per month is irresistible !!

Thanks.

Hi RnR

Yes, we allow tethering on with no extra charges. Data will come from your bundle allowance where available. This applies to Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Yes, the guys should know this but will forward on to them

QUOTE]

After numerous calls to CS, & txts and emails re settings ,i was eventually told this morning that i needed to activate 'data roaming'... I spoke to 4 different people between y/day & today..... so just to let you know that they dont know about this... apart from this issue, i found CS to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

Hi Paul, one question: are there any plans of changing the way tesco mobile works so that we don't have to activate data roaming on our iPhones for local data to work? As I mentioned on a message I sent you, I live near the border and it could prove to be very costly if the roaming data was active when I cross over to a northern network. I know you plan to offer roaming data in other countries during 2012, which means that our iPhones would connect to it automatically due to the settings we have to use as mentioned above and earlier in this thread. Thank you,
    Daniel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I signed up for Tesco monthly and my plan is

1000 any network minutes
    1000 any network texts
    2GB monthly data
    Anytime calls & texts to Tesco mobiles

I just checked my data useage on the Tesco mobile site and it says my balance is €65 but I signed up for €55 a month, surely I should not be charged unless I go over these figures in the plan. But I have had the phone for a week and a half and seldom use it. Where are these extra charges coming from?
    for example, here are 2 samples from my usage details:

GPRS Basic Service Nov 9, 2011 1:28:42 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 8,624,523 Bytes EUR6.49

and

Voice Calls Nov 9, 2011 2:59:32 PM 353894500000 National calls to mobile network 9 Seconds EUR0.20

why am I getting charged 20 cent for voice calls?

Thanks for any help as I am sure others thinking of moving to Tesco Mobile will be having the same kind of questions.

This doesn't include landlines (any network)?

Is there a tariff that includes such?

du Maurier wrote: »
    This doesn't include landlines (any network)?

Is there a tariff that includes such?

Yes, includes landlines. Sorted out with the customer offline and he wasnt being charged outside bundle.

regards
    Paul

daniruth wrote: »
    Hi Paul, one question: are there any plans of changing the way tesco mobile works so that we don't have to activate data roaming on our iPhones for local data to work? As I mentioned on a message I sent you, I live near the border and it could prove to be very costly if the roaming data was active when I cross over to a northern network. I know you plan to offer roaming data in other countries during 2012, which means that our iPhones would connect to it automatically due to the settings we have to use as mentioned above and earlier in this thread. Thank you,
    Daniel

Hi DAniel

Yes, we will look at this as part of the project to enable Data Roaming.

regadrs
    Paul

Yes, the guys should know this but will forward on to them

QUOTE]

After numerous calls to CS, & txts and emails re settings ,i was eventually told this morning that i needed to activate 'data roaming'... I spoke to 4 different people between y/day & today..... so just to let you know that they dont know about this... apart from this issue, i found CS to be excellent.

Yes, have called care to ensure all agents are aware of this.

Thanks for the feedback

regards
    paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Yes, includes landlines. Sorted out with the customer offline and he wasnt being charged outside bundle.

regards
    Paul

That's a really good deal. So when it states any network minutes landlines are included? (an includ. landlines indicator would make it more clear)

This applies to all tariffs that state this?

Does this receive the same coverage as O2? I'm considering Tesco as I have never had a problem with O2's coverage. I read here that the internet speeds wouldn't be on the same par as O2 though.

• Advertisement

du Maurier wrote: »
    That's a really good deal. So when it states any network minutes landlines are included? (an includ. landlines indicator would make it more clear)

This applies to all tariffs that state this?

Does this receive the same coverage as O2? I'm considering Tesco as I have never had a problem with O2's coverage. I read here that the internet speeds wouldn't be on the same par as O2 though.

Yes, thanks for the feedback. Any Network always includes landline (think its the same on other operators too).

Yes, we have identical radio coverage to O2. Our data speeds are capped at 1.2mbps presently. This cap is planned to be removed next year. Most feedback is that the speeds are fine for general use but the best way for you to be sure is to get a PAYG sim and try nout for yourself.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

paul my mother just switched over to the €10 capped monthly plan and is very happy so far.

Is there any way to tell when your bonus credit expires?

When you check your balance it doesnt say when your balance expires

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

Hi DAniel

Yes, we will look at this as part of the project to enable Data Roaming.

regadrs
    Paul

Thank you very much, I think it is important for people who travel across the border often so that we are not charged for roaming data once it is active.

Thank you,
    Daniel

paul my mother just switched over to the €10 capped monthly plan and is very happy so far.

Thanks

Hi there

Good to hear :) You can check online at tescomobile.ie if you look at you balances (will have an expiry date beside it). €10 The payment is taken monthly so the €30 tariff credit is automatically refreshed on the bill date.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Hi,

I just moved to Tesco from 3. I have an Apple Iphone 4

I just noticed my personal hotsopt has disappeared. How can I get this back.

Can you let me know the setting for the iphone 4 with tesco.

also does anyone know the outgoing smtp setting for tesco. I tried smtp.o2.ie but i get a message "...... was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".

Cheers

Soot-fan wrote: »
    Hi,

I just moved to Tesco from 3. I have an Apple Iphone 4

I just noticed my personal hotsopt has disappeared. How can I get this back.

Can you let me know the setting for the iphone 4 with tesco.

also does anyone know the outgoing smtp setting for tesco. I tried smtp.o2.ie but i get a message "...... was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".

Cheers

Hi there

Did you setup your phone through iTunes with our SIM in? WE dont impose any restrictions on Tethering so if your phone is unlocked and setup throough iTunes with our sim in the Personal Hotpsot should be available.

Settings are as follows

In Settings->General->Network
    Check that Enable 3G, Mobile Data and Data Roaming are all on.

In Settings->General->Network->Mobile Data Network

You need the following settings
    Mobile Data
    APN-> tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

MMS
    MMSC-> http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 10.1.11.19:8080
    MMS Max Message Size 307200

Internet Tethering

We dont offer an SMTP service. If you use GMAIL, Eircom mail or other similar they will have an SMTP service you can use.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Thanks

*100*9# will show you the expiry date :)

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    *100*9# will show you the expiry date :)

Not sure this works on Capped but I will check (works on PAYG alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Not sure this works on Capped but I will check (works on PAYG alright)

Oops, missed the capped bit. I'm on PAYG :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Paul,
    I'm thinking of changing my Tesco PAYG service to the capped monthly plan.
    I dont have much credit left, but I still have loads of data from my bundle.
    Will I lose this if I transfer to the capped plan or can I transfer it over as some kind of credit? data or other credit as I paid for it out of my top up credit.

Also, in the capped plan, as the bonus credit cant be used to make international calls or buy data, can I top up as usual like in PAYG to make international calls?

If so, and I top up by ten euro, would I still get ten euro extra free like PAYG? also does any top up expire monthly like the bonus credit if unused?

• Advertisement

Merch wrote: »
    Paul,
    I'm thinking of changing my Tesco PAYG service to the capped monthly plan.
    I dont have much credit left, but I still have loads of data from my bundle.
    Will I lose this if I transfer to the capped plan or can I transfer it over as some kind of credit? data or other credit as I paid for it out of my top up credit.

Also, in the capped plan, as the bonus credit cant be used to make international calls or buy data, can I top up as usual like in PAYG to make international calls?

If so, and I top up by ten euro, would I still get ten euro extra free like PAYG? also does any top up expire monthly like the bonus credit if unused?

Hi Merch

Need to confirm what happens to your data bundle in the migration to capped.

Yes you can topup as normal to make international calls or buy data bundles but you dont get the bonus credit 10e when you top up on capped.

No expiry on extra topups you make but the tariff credit (the 30e you get for your 10e subscription) expires from month to month.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8 julianato

Hi Paul

Just wondering if it is possible to set up internet tethering on my iphone 3g running ios 4.2.1? I am billpay with Tesco Mobile and have the 16 euro 100mb data option. When I go to Settings > General > Network, I have Enable 3G on, Mobile Data on, Data Roaming on, but don't see any option for internet tethering there? Is this available on the 3g ipHone or inly on later models? How can I get it working if it is available?

Also, I have the correct MMS settings installed under the Mobile Data screen but don't get any options to send MMS texts when in my text screen on the iPhone, is this an iTunes issue, or do I need to update carrier settings etc.?

thanks

julianato wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Just wondering if it is possible to set up internet tethering on my iphone 3g running ios 4.2.1? I am billpay with Tesco Mobile and have the 16 euro 100mb data option. When I go to Settings > General > Network, I have Enable 3G on, Mobile Data on, Data Roaming on, but don't see any option for internet tethering there? Is this available on the 3g ipHone or inly on later models? How can I get it working if it is available?

Also, I have the correct MMS settings installed under the Mobile Data screen but don't get any options to send MMS texts when in my text screen on the iPhone, is this an iTunes issue, or do I need to update carrier settings etc.?

thanks

Hi there

Is you phone updated to the latest apple software.

You can tether on an iphone 3G but not through Wifi (just USB or bluetooth). I imagine the option only appears when bluetooth is on or connected by USB.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574

When sending an MMS in iPhone you just attach the picture to your text (should be a camera option beside the text box) or else go to the picture an choose the option to send by MMS

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

I was waiting for webtexts before moving us.
    I see they are now coming this week and was about to move us but spotted a better deal on Meteor.

But your pay monthly option really have crap data allowances compared to meteor. I think we might go to meteors €15pm for 200min 200text 1GB data option, but i'll check tesco to see if they improve their offer of data allowances at a later date.

Unless of course tescomobile are about to match that price for data and minutes

I was waiting for webtexts before moving us.
    I see they are now coming this week and was about to move us but spotted a better deal on Meteor.

But your pay monthly option really have crap data allowances compared to meteor. I think we might go to meteors €15pm for 200min 200text 1GB data option, but i'll check tesco to see if they improve their offer of data allowances at a later date.

Unless of course tescomobile are about to match that price for data and minutes

Yes Webtexts launching this weekend. Thanks for the feedback regarding Meteor's temporary special offer. Our plans are transparent and available to all customers. We will be adding a recurring monthly data bundle option very soon that will appeal to many.

Great about the webtexts :)

Just wondering Paul if you could help me out - im on the sim only 500 mins.... (joined tesco mobile 2 wks now) & i havent used anywhere near my 500 mins, but i checked my usage this eve on line, and it looks like ive been charged for a call i made this evening? Ive mailed customer support as id like to check this out asap as i have a few calls to make this eve, but if im being charged ill have to hold off till its sorted..:mad:

Thanks

Great about the webtexts :)

Just wondering Paul if you could help me out - im on the sim only 500 mins.... (joined tesco mobile 2 wks now) & i havent used anywhere near my 500 mins, but i checked my usage this eve on line, and it looks like ive been charged for a call i made this evening? Ive mailed customer support as id like to check this out asap as i have a few calls to make this eve, but if im being charged ill have to hold off till its sorted..:mad:

Thanks

Hi there

Your first period is prorated until your first bill date which is probably tomorrow so if you were 15 days from your first bill date when you activated you would get half your bundle allowance for that first period. Then from 1st of the month you will have a full month allowance to the next date.

Note when you check online that you can see your minutes left in the balances overview section. in the usage section you can see if you have been charged by checking the discounted amount column

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

Yes Webtexts launching this weekend. Thanks for the feedback regarding Meteor's temporary special offer. Our plans are transparent and available to all customers. We will be adding a recurring monthly data bundle option very soon that will appeal to many.

You're welcome.
    But I think im going to go with Meteor. I can always cancel it when something better comes along and go with that. So 3 phones in the family all looking for a home with whoever offers the best deal on data. (that was tesco for a long time apart from webtexts but at the moment its meteor)
    I know tescomobile are interested in being the cheapest so im sure you will have a better offer than meteor at some stage.
    Your webtexts came just a few days too late sweep us up from O2. But we're always there to be swept up.

You're welcome.
    But I think im going to go with Meteor. I can always cancel it when something better comes along and go with that. So 3 phones in the family all looking for a home with whoever offers the best deal on data. (that was tesco for a long time apart from webtexts but at the moment its meteor)
    I know tescomobile are interested in being the cheapest so im sure you will have a better offer than meteor at some stage.
    Your webtexts came just a few days too late sweep us up from O2. But we're always there to be swept up.

• Advertisement

Hi there

Your first period is prorated until your first bill date which is probably tomorrow so if you were 15 days from your first bill date when you activated you would get half your bundle allowance for that first period. Then from 1st of the month you will have a full month allowance to the next date.

Note when you check online that you can see your minutes left in the balances overview section. in the usage section you can see if you have been charged by checking the discounted amount column

Regards
    Paul

Thanks PAul, hadnt thought of that when i was signing up....sorted now

Advertisement