Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help using your site

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

i have sometimes posted a new thread and people have commented that it should have been placed elsewhere. and their suggestions made perfect sense. but my problem is i can never find the categories. i can see the categories at the top ofthe site but cant seem to find the specific thing i want. for example if i do a boards google search for cv's i.e from google "cv boards.ie" i get some info but from this info i cannot start my own thread. and i cannot find from your categories how to do this.

am i missing something important here. or is it possible to start a totally new category of subject.

i hope you can give me some advice here because i am finding it frustrating.

otherwise .... a great site and i have found it very well run and maintained. thanks for the service.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Viewing at this level may help make the structure clearer:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/

And remember that threads are grouped by forum, so you need to viewing at the forum level to have the new thread option available.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Also, don't forget we have a forum for people who aren't familiar with the site, or who have a few questions.

Please click here to be brought to our Newbies & FAQ forum where you can read lots of frequently asked questions and learn a lot in the process.

While you're in the forum, read the "Top 10 Questions and Answers" thread, and the "FAQ for everything else" thread. By the time you've found your way around the site, you'll learn the categories structure, and navigating the site will gradually become second nature!

Enjoy browsing the Newbies & FAQ forum and feel free to ask as many questions as you want about the structure of the categories over there.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement