Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killybegs road tonight Rainbow 9pm

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I was driving on the killybegs road tonight and passing through inver i looked to my left and seen a rainbow ? this was at 9 pm it looked to be a fully formed rainbow but with out the color , did anyone else see it or am i maybe starting to go mad ? i am on strong pain killers and probably shouldn't be driving while on them, maybe rainbows at night are one of the side effects lol :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

I was driving on the killybegs road tonight and passing through inver i looked to my left and seen a rainbow ? this was at 9 pm it looked to be a fully formed rainbow but with out the color , did anyone else see it or am i maybe starting to go mad ? i am on strong pain killers and probably shouldn't be driving while on them, maybe rainbows at night are one of the side effects lol :D

Seen it too in the north along the horizon at around 9pm, think it had something to do with the moon, sometimes get a large halo around it, only thing I could think of. Thought it was an aurora of some sort initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Harps wrote: »
    Nah, I prefer to believe the part about him going mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

You learn something new every day (or night).

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Must keep an eye out for this in future, would be good to witness. I find it amazing though that the conditions that are needed to produce a 'moonbow' should be fairly common in these parts (3-4 times a year you'd think anyway) and Ive never even heard of it never mind see one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

glad someone else seen it ha ha i am ok then so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

On the subject of rainbows , why is the sky below the rainbow a lighter colour than that above,various 075.jpg

Advertisement