Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just read on a friends facebook that it is snowing in Donegal? can anyone confirm that. Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

47 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just read on a friends facebook that it is snowing in Donegal? can anyone confirm that. Cheers :)

Donegals a big place you know, where in Donegal? Not snowing here in manor anyways, just out of the car and its reading 9 degrees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Wheres MT Cranium when you need him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Didnt get a specific location.. However I now must go and launch an internet tirade againts the plebian in question :D cant see much of a diffence in temprature in the Donegal region at the moment. Cheers for the fast response.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If and when any snow arrives you'll see it here first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭The Outside Agency

There was some sleet in letterkenny last nite but not cold enough for snow. Feels like it's not too far away though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

47 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Your friend must be reading Donegal Daily! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

muffler wrote: »
    If and when any snow arrives you'll see it here first :)

think you're wrong

you might see it out of the window first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It was probably from the Donegal Daily article that confirmed that it was snowing because some random person saw white stuff on the side of the road. Plenty of hail Wednesday night so pretty sure thats all it was

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Your friend must be reading Donegal Daily! :D

which goes a little like this.....

DONEGAL IN LOCKDOWN AS BLIZZARD HITS COUNTRY

sleet spotted outside glenveagh national park

DD should really have its own thread....

That site is laughable! If I contacted them and said I seen the abominable snowman roaming my road here with the 4 foot of snow that fell they would prob print / post it :pac:

There article actually read
    readers have contacted us to say there is sleet close to the entrance of Glenveagh National Park stretching back to Dunlewey
    Now thats some serious localised stuff right there!!!! The headline reads Snow Falls in Donegal.... yet the article itself has no mentioon of snow what-so-ever. sensationalist journalism at its best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

That site is laughable! If I contacted them and said I seen the abominable snowman roaming my road here with the 4 foot of snow that fell they would prob print / post it :pac:

There article actually read

Now thats some serious localised stuff right there!!!! The headline reads Snow Falls in Donegal.... yet the article itself has no mentioon of snow what-so-ever. sensationalist journalism at its best

Journalism is a very inaccurate word to use in relation to anything in donegal daily....unadulterated drivel is nearer the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

I can't see the mountains down here in Ardara at the minute. Must be covered in snow. I'll let DD know.

No wait, just realised they're covered in fog. Still though its a story :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

26 here in Niagara, making me think twice about going home to Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

DDs quality is like the snow. At the start it was excellent and fresh. Now it's grubby and slushy and hardly worth attention. It's become a running joke in thus part if the world. Hope they read this and get their act together again.

Anyways. No snow here today. Oh god wait. I forgot. I saw a traffic cone get knocked over in the gap. Brb

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

ha ha the power of Face Book there was a pic posted on Facebook of the pole star round about in the snow last year but the person posted it up saying something like was in Letterkenny this morning and couldn't believe it and it spread like wild fire that there was bad snow in Letterkenny lol

Bit off topic but DD are at it again.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/10/09/tropical-storm-to-bring-100mm-of-rain-floods-and-humid-heat/

Tropical storm and very mild temperatures. Probably snow too though with DD :rolleyes:.

henke wrote: »
    Bit off topic but DD are at it again.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/10/09/tropical-storm-to-bring-100mm-of-rain-floods-and-humid-heat/

Tropical storm and very mild temperatures. Probably snow too though with DD :rolleyes:.

Since when has rain and mist been considered crazy and bizarre in Donegal :confused:

Harps wrote: »
    Since when has rain and mist been considered crazy and bizarre in Donegal :confused:

I was more referring to use of phrases such as 'tropical storm' 'The latest bizarre weather pattern' 'remnants of a Tropical Storm called Phillippe' etc.

I expect it will be standard Irish wet weather. I was just pointing out the way they tell stories as referred to earlier in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That site could give Waterford Whispers News a run for its money

Topic = snow!

If anyone feels the need they can start a thread on Donegal Daily if they so desire.

• Advertisement

henke wrote: »
    I was more referring to use of phrases such as 'tropical storm' 'The latest bizarre weather pattern' 'remnants of a Tropical Storm called Phillippe' etc.

I expect it will be standard Irish wet weather. I was just pointing out the way they tell stories as referred to earlier in the thread.

I wasn't taking a dig at your post, just pointing out how ridiculous the article is! They say that our weather is going to take a 'crazy' twist with rain, mist and drizzle

And yeah back on topic, as a regular of the weather forum I can safely say there's no snow for the next week or two anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Thread locked.

The OP asked was it snowing in Donegal on Friday past, he got his answer. I don't see any reason for the thread to stay open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement