Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get BTEA going from level 8 to H.Dip which is also a level 8?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi I've just done an honours degree (level 8) and have am hoping to go on and do a H.Dip in NUIG next sept. I have never gotten BTEA before as wasn't on the dole long enough to get it last time but this time I will be on the dole over the 9 months required.

I have just found out that all H.Dip's are level 8 so because I'm not progressing will that stop me from gettin the BTEA? Even tho it is progressing as you have to have a degree to get into a H.Dip. Can someone shed some light here for me?

I will be so gutted if it turns out now that I can't get BTEA as did the degree so I could do the H.Dip....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helpyouspeak

Hi there,

I don't really have an answer for you yet as I am awaiting a decision from the BTEA on this.I did a BA and wasn't claiming anything during it but now I am doing a HDip and was wondering the same thing as technically they are both level 8 but it *is* progression, so I would imagine it would be covered..I'll let you know once I get approval, or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

The only way you can do a h dip is if you have a degree so your grand. As long as you Are/will you be 24 when you start it ? A year is along time to spend on the dole waiting for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helpyouspeak

Just to update you, I got confirmation today that my application has been processed and I have been accepted onto the BTEA so I guess it is considered progression.

Best of luck with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Thanks for the replies. It gives me a bit of hope.

I have been to my local T.D's and they rang BTEA and the girl in the office said I would not be entitled to it, so my local T.D (who thinks this is an anomaly in the system) is going to put it to a parlimentry question and I should know next week what the story is...

Helpyouspeak, was your BA definatley level 8? Cause I've been on to 2 different BTEA offices (Galway and Clare) and they both said I can't go level 8 - level 8, but I got the feeling they just wanted me off the phone. I'm goin to ring one or two more BTEA offices monday just to see if they all say the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Hey I just said I'd let ye know what happened re: going from a level 8 degree to a level 8 H.Dip. It is seen as progression and I am entitled to BTEA and SUSI fees :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

thats great. congratulations katie.

Advertisement