Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reiki - Whats your experiences

• 07-10-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know this is the second reiki related thread i've opened, hope that's okay with the mods.

Just wondering what peoples general experiences are of it? How do you know if its working for you etc?

I enjoy getting it done, really like my practitioner etc, but I hear of people having more pep in their step etc, feeling refreshed and a new lease of life and I have to say I don't feel these things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

i tried it once on the recomendation of a friend who is into it. the only different i felt was slightly poorer and quite annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pants20

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hi,

I know this is the second reiki related thread i've opened, hope that's okay with the mods.

Just wondering what peoples general experiences are of it? How do you know if its working for you etc?

I enjoy getting it done, really like my practitioner etc, but I hear of people having more pep in their step etc, feeling refreshed and a new lease of life and I have to say I don't feel these things?

Hi Danniboo,

I go to Reiki about 4/5 times a year. I find it great. First time I went, I have to admit I was a sceptic but what I felt during the session was amazing.... I couldn't explain it... I it was a wonderful experience and I felt a million dollars after it and in fact a number of people commented on how well I looked in the days that followed

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I tried this in Dublin, in Killester, a number of years ago. I thought it was interesting, very relaxing but I don't think it really worked for me. I did think the Reiki practitioner, if that's the right phrase, was good though, so I did enjoy it, but I guess I didn't know what I was supposed to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I've been practising Reiki for close on 8 years now and what I always recommend
    people to do is, do a workshop then you can start your day with a self healing :) no need to pay just relax and smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pants20

Bought a deal voucher a while back for a Reiki Session with The Reiki Centre. Had my appointment today... Words cannot describe what an amazing experience it was. I usually go to the same practitioner whom I find very good but this was a completely different experience. The lady could tell me about all my ailments and throughout the session I felt powerful waves flowing through my body... Afterwards I felt airy and floaty...

Has anyone experienced anything like this during a reiki session?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 nedelosion

it can only do for you what you conciously or subconciously allow it too
    i tried it for a while and stopped and decided id not do it anymore that it was all rubbish then a year later nearly i was back and had totally different experience (better)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

I just want to say that Reiki is something that needs to be experienced, no wordsmith can describe the feeling of a powerful Reiki treatment.

Do be careful though, I would avoid anyone offering Reiki as a beauty treatment in a day spa for instance.
    Find someone working from truth and love and you will be amazed.

A friend of mine is a Shambala Reiki practitioner and she has been working on several case studies for quiet a while now - the real world medical improvements in her clients has been staggering, improvements doctors said could never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

For what type of ailments would you visit a reiki practioneer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eranharel

Reiki 1 Course Helps with Self Confidence.
    “Since completing the Reiki 1 workshop with Angela, positive glimpses of talents and gifts of mine have surfaced.

I used to be a singer, but lost the confidence to sing over ten years ago. Since doing Reiki 1, I have sung in public and have no problem with this anymore.

I have been writing for over 30 years, short stories, poetry and monologues. However, I had not shown my work to anyone. Now I’m preparing poetry for an exhibition and have begun to contact publishers. I have been invited to do readings at a festival in May and have agreed to that also.

Thank you for the clarity I am blessed with since my Reiki 1 workshop Angela”

Advertisement