Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Uni Books?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Is there a place/site/area (even on boards) where people are selling books?
    Cost of new ones are crazy...

Not overly bothered about editions, but preferably relatively new,
    Say a couple of years old,

Main concerns at the moment are getting the books

Biology - Campbell & Reese (Hopefully someone who has the book will know the actual title)

Calculus - James Stewart (I think, again, edition not overly important)

To be fair, only meant to ask where to get them but anyone willing to sell mentioned books, do contact me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

ULSU operate a second hand bookshop, just ask for what book you need and they may have it. Also worth seeing if the UL library catalogue has any of those books. A lot of the books you need might only be useful for one semester, so worth a trip to the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Hi Chris, What degree course are you doing? A lot of "recommend" reading books that lectures give you in first year sometimes cannot help that much before you go out and spend a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Used the library quite a bit but thinking, being the kind of person I am,
    Return a book late once or twice and I'll have the cost of the book paid for in fines.
    Doing "Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry" doing the modules; Maths Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Sciences.

Been recommended to get any book in Biology, all tend to be similar enough but requested I get a new enough edition of the Chemistry one.

I don't think it matters massively for the Maths either and I'm abandoning Physics for the time-being :/

Will check out the SU alright too though,
    Putting money to one side anticipating a purchase,
    Just trying to exhaust all other options before I do so

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

For Science maths 1&2 a good leaving cert book should be enough + notes from Paddy, Science Math 3 is stats
    Campbell and Reese Biology is a good book but you only have one module of biology so it would be a waste of money, the notes and slides from John Breen and Co are enough to see you through the exam they will all give you big hints as to what is coming up in the exam just go to the lectures :),

it would be better to save your money and buy a good Analytical Chemistry book for next year, you will need it if JJ Leahy is your lecture and you will use it for Analytical Chemistry 1,2 & 3. Physics.... I hated physics less said the better but I still scraped a B2.
    And a good Organic Chemistry book for next semester something like Organic Chemistry by Brown, Foote et al

These will bring you through your degree, :D

Advertisement