Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casbian is back for final weekend of Beta!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

It's just the server, you need to find a very low ping and it's smooth as a baby's bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Burgo wrote: »
    Unplayably laggy for me when I tried to go on :(

Go onto the server list, filter by caspian maps, then sort by the server name alphabetically. Go to the servers which begin with UK. I've found UK GamingDeluxe and UK KillerCreation servers to be lag free with 64 people playing caspian.

I tried joining Wonda-3oy for a game there but the server was in netherlands and lagged like hell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Killercreation servers working.

OH MY****ING GOD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

KilOit wrote: »
    It's just the server, you need to find a very low ping and it's smooth as a baby's bottom

I was on an NL server with 35 ping and it was pretty woeful :/ will try more later.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Killercreation servers working.

OH MY****ING GOD!!!!

Totally agree. Finding myself just standing looking around all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

whats new fairy...you usually stand around looking on every map before i shoot you!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Oh yeah baby this is more like it. Got on a UK server, very little lag to speak of :D Went sightseeing for a bit, where do you start with this map? Liking the destruction, got stuck on a garage roof, bang, looked down and massive hole had appeared but roof was still intact with rebar showing. Tanks are more cumbersome compared to BC2, probably more realistic. On my first tank ride, drove straight over a mine, whump. Co-ordinated teamplay on a map this size should be epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Im having really annoying issues with the game freezing randomly. I then have to kill it with the task manager. Anyone else have this same problem? It also seems to just be on Caspian!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Really good level. Though its hard to get your bearings with such a crappy map, it just makes the mini map bigger, doesnt actually display the entire map :confused:

Whats the story with vehicles anyway, only had a quick go in them, hard to test when your underfire but tanks don't seem to have a second machine gun for the driver. Planes don't seem to have missiles :confused: Not really sure what the story is with the chopper, is their TV missiles?

Its all so visually stunning, but the aircraft seem to be a step backwards from BF2 on 1st impression.

The level is amazing though, spent the 1st 10 mins with my jaw on the floor. The sound and visuals are stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Sisko wrote: »
    Really good level. Though its hard to get your bearings with such a crappy map, it just makes the mini map bigger, doesnt actually display the entire map :confused:

Whats the story with vehicles anyway, only had a quick go in them, hard to test when your underfire but tanks don't seem to have a second machine gun for the driver. Planes don't seem to have missiles :confused: Not really sure what the story is with the chopper, is their TV missiles?

Its all so visually stunning, but the aircraft seem to be a step backwards from BF2 on 1st impression.

The level is amazing though, spent the 1st 10 mins with my jaw on the floor. The sound and visuals are stunning.

Vehicle missiles & mounted machine guns etc,. are all perks that you unlock trough points. You can see what perks there are and your progression in the battlelog by going to stats >>> vehicles >>> click on vehicle icon. Jet aircraft have both heat-seeking air-to-air and guided air-to-ground missiles. Tanks have both an LMG and a HMG.

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    but tanks don't seem to have a second machine gun for the driver.

unlock in BC2 assume its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

sink wrote: »
    Vehicle missiles & mounted machine guns etc,. are all perks that you unlock trough points.

Dear God :eek:

Some day the ability to switch weapons will be a 'perk'. Ah well I'll certainly be playing this a lot anyway. I do like the weapons customisations though.

Though I dislike how russians can use western weapons (unlocks) as I always enjoyed knowing who was near by just by the sounds of their guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Played about 1h30mins of Caspian Conquest there tonight, and I have to say this game is going to be epic. I enjoyed Metro Rush and it's fun to play for a bit of added flavour but Caspian Conquest is what this game is all about. There are a few bugs to be sure, but the game with a little fine tuning has the potential to be one of the greatest multi-player shooters of all time IMO.

I now can't wait for the full game, settling into a favourite server, getting good squad gameplay going, I can see this game occupying me for a very long time.

Rush is like the entrée, Conquest is the main course, TDM is the side dish and single player campaign is the dessert; together you have the perfect meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

sink wrote: »
    Rush is like the entrée, Conquest is the main course, TDM is the side dish and single player campaign is the dessert; together you have the perfect meal.

Whats the Co-op then? Bag of chips and kebab for the drunken stumble home :pac:

Gotta agree with the piss-poor mini-map, went to full zoom standing in starting base and didnt even reach the nearest point :confused:

Not noticing any bugs in Caspian that were apparent in Metro, this game ****ing rocks but being disconnected when your top with 5 tickets to go sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Playing Caspian Border on 3G and not lagging is win. I loved metro but was getting sick of it, Caspian Border reminded me that this game is going to be ****ing awesome. I've played the **** out of every BF since 1942, BF3 is going to reignite that flame, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, I got a few disconnects on CB too just near the end, other than that excellent experience. Jets/choppers not too overpowering, that is until a few aces get in some practice. The RPG's do some damage to tanks, loadsa points for immobilising as well as getting kills, armour is going to need infantry support to work properly, as it should be. Roll on the 28th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Some good games tonight on CB, think it only kicks ppl when servers near full at end of round. Lots of para guys online today, makes it more fun than playing with randomers who dont revive or give ammo.

Loving the AT mines , pity they are hard to place exactly the way you want :(. Seen some crazy bugs today, some where comical (will add the video later to the post) :).

yup beer and conquest BF3 dont mix, my performance tonight can be measued in cans.

Have to say this is Bf2 evolved, have no issues paying for this game if i can play CB 64 man. **** the whinging on forums this is exactly what BF3 should be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

KD did you start running the opposite direction later in the night? I normally do that when beered up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

if my pc can still run bf3 in metro damn well, in CB it just poops itself and dies :(.

looks like i wont get away without new system in the near future :(

i do like metro as its proper infantry combat, but CB is fun too. the problem i find in these big tanky maps is: if you are not sniper or engineer, then you are useless.

if you are not sniper or engineer, then you are useless.

C4 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

dreamers75 wrote: »
    C4 :pac:

Agreed. The C4 kamikazie jeeps are fun to attack tanks with. Support class really good for defending the outlying objective from inside buildings. Recon class will be even more fun to use once the mortar strikes are allowed in the retail release of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

anybody else getting random disconnects , i cant figure it out i could be playing a hour and get a disconnect from server or could be playing 20 mins and get a disconnect

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Im having really annoying issues with the game freezing randomly. I then have to kill it with the task manager. Anyone else have this same problem? It also seems to just be on Caspian!
    Had a problem like that, but it was fixed when I turned down the graphics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

the_syco wrote: »
    Had a problem like that, but it was fixed when I turned down the graphics.

Seem to of sorted it by turning off SLI, I recon my cards (8800 GTX's) have issue with either the beta drivers or the old beta build itself. Not too worried in the long run it will be sorted and im getting a new card

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so disappointed with the heatseaking missiles on the jets :( I thought they'd open up for more jet sniping but they are actually quite challenging to use. Its actually easier to kill some vehicles with guns...

personally gripe is while I can change to missiles on the xbox pad (see other post in battlefield 3 reveal thread) I cant change back to guns. I need to press the keyboard button to do so which makes the whole chasing planes down with guns and missiles rather difficult. Might be a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Seem to of sorted it by turning off SLI, I recon my cards (8800 GTX's) have issue with either the beta drivers or the old beta build itself. Not too worried in the long run it will be sorted and im getting a new card
    You got the newest beta? Think it's .38 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Being playing this for the last 5 hours. It's looking great. Some real jaw dropping WTF moments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

HAHA!

worked out how to change weapons on the pad for the jets.

Now I am on deathly wings! Clocking up the kills like a monster.

I love my flanker *hug*

Though the biggest pain are stinger carrying troops taking pot shots at me. They rarely hit but force me to flare when I'm in a dog fight which gives the opposing fighter a chance to double hit me with rockets ftw :(

edit: Whoot! I''m boards.ie's Jet Ace according to the leaderboards.

Just call me... ICEMAN!

Advertisement