Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdated call charges!

Options
  • 07-10-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Morning Mark/Tony.

On September 17th just gone, I changed package with yourselves to include broadband. I can't remeber the names of the packages, but I'll try be as clear as I can.
    I went from a phone only package, which was around €36 per month, to a broadband and phone package, which is around €50 per month (I think).
    The phone only package included Meteor calls. Again can't remember how many, but our bill never/rarely got charged for calls. Our bill was always less than €40.

Anyways, today I opened my latest bill to see that we've got €41 in call charges alone!:eek:

I queried this, and apparently all charges are calculated on whatever call package you're on at the time of billing. Which basically means all the mobile calls I made before Sept. 17th, which were free as part of my previous package, I've now been charged 20c per minute.

Surely this can't be right/legal?!

How can you possibly have someone on a paticular contract at a particular time, and once a new contract is entered into, charge new contract prices during a previous contract timescale?
    And surely this should be made clear to people when they're changing their contract? I know I would've waited another 2 weeks to get broadband if I'd known it was going to cost me this much!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning Mark/Tony.

On September 17th just gone, I changed package with yourselves to include broadband. I can't remeber the names of the packages, but I'll try be as clear as I can.
    I went from a phone only package, which was around €36 per month, to a broadband and phone package, which is around €50 per month (I think).
    The phone only package included Meteor calls. Again can't remember how many, but our bill never/rarely got charged for calls. Our bill was always less than €40.

Anyways, today I opened my latest bill to see that we've got €41 in call charges alone!:eek:

I queried this, and apparently all charges are calculated on whatever call package you're on at the time of billing. Which basically means all the mobile calls I made before Sept. 17th, which were free as part of my previous package, I've now been charged 20c per minute.

Surely this can't be right/legal?!

How can you possibly have someone on a paticular contract at a particular time, and once a new contract is entered into, charge new contract prices during a previous contract timescale?
    And surely this should be made clear to people when they're changing their contract? I know I would've waited another 2 weeks to get broadband if I'd known it was going to cost me this much!:mad:

Hi Soarer,

If you PM me with your telephone number or account number I can check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

PM sent Mark.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PM sent Mark.

Hi Soarer,

I got your details thanks I will be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

PM sent Mark.

Hi Soarer

I PM you there, if you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Yup, have more queries, so have replied!:(

• Advertisement

Yup, have more queries, so have replied!:(

Hi Soarer,

I pm you back.

Thanks, Mark

Got that Mark, thanks.

And thanks for getting everything sorted. Quick and painless!;)

Got that Mark, thanks.

And thanks for getting everything sorted. Quick and painless!;)

No problem :)

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement