Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out - new lease?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

HI,

I live in a apt with two others, three bedrooms. Our 12 month lease is up on Nov 2nd. I intend to move out but my two flatmates intend to stay on at least until the new year. I hope to get someone into the room for the end of Oct.

So do I have to tell the landlord(development co) that I a moving out and add the new persons name to the lease and take mine of the lease or can I just let them move in, they pay me my deposit back and leave it at that. I intend to have the room inspected by my two flatmates to prove there is no damage before I leave.

Can the landlord demand that my two flatmates and the new person sign a new 12 month lease or where do they stand here?

What are the options?

Thanks

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

frag420 wrote: »
    I live in a apt with two others, three bedrooms. Our 12 month lease is up on Nov 2nd. I intend to move out but my two flatmates intend to stay on at least until the new year. I hope to get someone into the room for the end of Oct.
    Whose name is on the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

the_syco wrote: »
    frag420 wrote: »
    Whose name is on the lease?

All three of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I would make 100% sure you get taken off the lease. Trust me on this.

Advertisement