Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Picking

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I could go blackberry picking with kids - near Dublin - does anyone know if Bushy Park or Marlay Park have blackberries ? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I thought this was going to be a thread about the best places in the city to steal Blackberry smartphones. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I found loads along the cliff walk in Howth a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cars701

cosmic wrote: »
    I found loads along the cliff walk in Howth a few weeks ago.

Thanks Cosmic - have five kids and two adults lined up to go today (weather permitting) ! We're in Dublin 6 so Howth is a bit of a drive when we're only heading out after school. If I don't find some today will try for Howth on Sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muireann50

On the walk up to Hellfire Club you might find some. I havent been up there since last year but there were masses of them then. Nice views when you get to the top too :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Might be a bit late, better off trying up the Stackstown road than Marley, far too many people passing the bounty to let them lie.

• Advertisement

muireann50 wrote: »
    On the walk up to Hellfire Club you might find some. I havent been up there since last year but there were masses of them then. Nice views when you get to the top too :)

Thanks Muireann

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Might be a bit late, better off trying up the Stackstown road than Marley, far too many people passing the bounty to let them lie.

Thanks Tabnabs

Just to let ye all know - we found very few blackberries in Bushy Park ! Not even enough for a pie.... will try other locations kindly suggested and let ye all know. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I was up on Montpeilier Hill (aka the Hellfire Club) yesterday, you've missed the season it looks like, very few left and what there was, was not worth picking. September 2012, put it in your diary now! ;)

Right here we are again September 2012 - blackberry picking with the kids on my mind ? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Get out this weekend, they've been ripe for a couple of weeks now and are most likely in high demand.

Thanks Tabnabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Saw lots of blackberries in Powerscourt at the weekend

I got some in Superquinn last year ! But thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ebairead

It's not quite the same thing, but does anyone know where there are blackthorn bushes - my daughter wants to make Sloe Gin.

Thanks - Eoin

Advertisement