Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots Chemist in Macroom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Next Wednesday as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Where is that going??

Down by the sides of Dunnes where that shoe shop used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

omfg - I never knew this - happy days, I'll never have to go to Wilton again!!:D:D

plus with that new sweet shop too - jaysus, Macroom, welcome to the 20th century (I KNOW it's the 21st!).........Lidl, Dunnes, Boots, wow - they'll be serving Cosmopolitans in the Castle any day now!;)

now if only we could have a bypass...........

It looks like it is going to be quite a big shop. It takes up two units.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SkylineLover

Miaireland wrote: »
    Down by the sides of Dunnes where that shoe shop used to be.

Boots opens Wednesday 12th October at 10am and occupies Units 2 and 3, Fairgreen Plaza, Macroom.

The shoe shop; Minihane's Shoes is still there, it just moved up one unit, so we haven't lost all those gorgeous shoes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Opening today guys...enjoy :)

This is going to hit the local chemists really hard, there's already quite a few chemists in the town already. It'll be interesting to see how many of them are still open this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Opening today guys...enjoy :)

This is going to hit the local chemists really hard, there's already quite a few chemists in the town already. It'll be interesting to see how many of them are still open this time next year.

thats 3 /4 chemists that we have now! christ!

Always good value in boots so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

corked wrote: »
    thats 3 /4 chemists that we have now! christ!

Boots will be number 5, that's a lot for the size of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Great, the death of tradtional Irish business and town centre continues....all that is missing now is Starbucks, Vodafone, Debenhams, HMV and Tesco then slap up a sign that says Leicester.

No wonder the British tourists have stopped coming over, they see no difference in what they get in the UK and what they see in Ireland. Every street and town looks the same....that's the price we pay for a small open economy I guess

Ireland = Little Britain

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Matt Murphy did a big renovation too this year, I wonder if he knew they were coming to town before he started?

Still though, theres a big contingent of set-in-their-ways folk who caome into town who'd be loyal to the established chemists, should be enough business to keep them going. That relatively new one beside Longs garage might be in trouble though.

Advertisement