Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belterbet / Cavan Town Resturaunt Advice

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need recommendations folks as I'm not from the area but will be visiting shortly,

Looking for a Resturaunt for a group of 25-35 people in the Cavan town / Belterbet area.
    (Checking golden pages does not provide local knowledge that I'm hoping I get here)

Must have decent off street car parking
    Ideally that do a cavery menu or set price main meal
    Time 12.30-2pm on a Sunday

Had been looking at maybe The Side Door Restaurant???
    Or any hotels that would suit?

Also looking for a forest park or lake within 10 miles of Cavan town to take some pics??

Thanks in advance!

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Hotel in belturbet does great food.
    The Seven Horseshoes its called, no car park just for it but there is one across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Doubt it could hold that many people in one room, but if that's not an issue go for it cause the food is nice.

Side door can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sq_forever

Also in Belturbet is Solfreno. Should fit the bill. Good Sunday lunch and large car park. Just outside Belturbet and about 10 mins from Killykeen forest park.
    seven horse shoes good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

sq_forever wrote: »
    Also in Belturbet is Solfreno. Should fit the bill. Good Sunday lunch and large car park. Just outside Belturbet and about 10 mins from Killykeen forest park.
    seven horse shoes good also.

Anytime I went into that place it wasn't very good at all. The olde post, in Cloverhill, would be a good call. The food there is excellent. I don't think they open for lunch but I'm sure if you rang them and said you had 30 people they would take you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Thanks folks, Going to have food in Belterbet then head to Cavan town & then on to Killykeen forest park.

Anyone got good directions to Killykeen forest park from Cavan town?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Had towards the Raddsion, then about 4km after it take a right hand turn, it's sign posted from that turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Let us know how it goes for you OP,im sure others will be asking the same question when there in the area.

Advertisement