Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load of Rubbish - Gorey

Options
  • 07-10-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All

We are due to move down from Wicklow to Gorey Town in three weeks.
    Have been looking online at waste disposal companies.
    Is there any company that has a simple buy a tag in the shop and stick it on the bin when you want it lifted system?? all seem to involve direct debits and top up cards?? :confused:

Thanks Y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's the way they all do it,solves the problem of missing tags etc. leading to no collection of your bin.

It's just as easy to top up a card as buy a tag,you pay whatever the weekly fee is and the shop scans your card-viola bin is paid for.

You can pay a bit every week and you'd be surprised how quickly your account ends up in credit so if needs be you can take a break from paying for a while until you need to top up your account again.Simples:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

zerks wrote: »
    That's the way they all do it,solves the problem of missing tags etc. leading to no collection of your bin.

It's just as easy to top up a card as buy a tag,you pay whatever the weekly fee is and the shop scans your card-viola bin is paid for.

You can pay a bit every week and you'd be surprised how quickly your account ends up in credit so if needs be you can take a break from paying for a while until you need to top up your account again.Simples:)

have briefly looked at aes, greenstar and wastepal - trying to get ourselves organised wit all sorts here

do you have any recommendations - which one is cheapest?

I have Wastepal and they're easy to deal with and reliable and do top up cards.They'll match any price that other operators offer too.

They have a representative here on Boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=472493

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

zerks wrote: »
    I have Wastepal and they're easy to deal with and reliable and do top up cards.They'll match any price that other operators offer too.

They have a representative here on Boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=472493

Thanks, and please forgive my stoooopid questions here as I am not familiar with the system down there

Do they have a barcode on the bins and scan them then to see who has paid ?

Thanks again ,

Y

Never paid too much attention to them emptying my bins but I think they've some kind of electronic system so they do know if you're paid up.

As an aside they have set up a sister company called Fuelpal,got a flyer in the door a week or so ago,they'll supply all your solid fuels from coal to turf etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement