Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hi,

I'm going to be setting up some kindles on tues. Is it still the .com store for Irish users? UK based myself usually.

Thanks,

Woden

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

Yes - still amazon.com for Irish users.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Who is cheapest for the paperwhite??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is it cheaper to get the kindle online from Amazon or from a bricks and mortar store? I'm thinking of buying the kindle paperwhite but not sure which would be cheaper.

Also, on amazon there is a kindle paperwhite with special offers - does anyone have the kindle with special offers and is it annoying - does it affect reading?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

leahyl wrote: »
    Is it cheaper to get the kindle online from Amazon or from a bricks and mortar store? I'm thinking of buying the kindle paperwhite but not sure which would be cheaper.

Argos does a deal with as good a price as you will see in Irl and vouchers 'coz you;re spending +€100
    Also, on amazon there is a kindle paperwhite with special offers - does anyone have the kindle with special offers and is it annoying - does it affect reading?

Not sure what you mean by this.

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Argos does a deal with as good a price as you will see in Irl and vouchers 'coz you;re spending +€100

Not sure what you mean by this.

Thanks for your response - I've noticed now though anyway that when I try to purchase kindle paper white from amazon.com it won't allow me?? Are only certain kindles shipped to Ireland from the states?

Can I buy online with Argos?

Thanks for your response - I've noticed now though anyway that when I try to purchase kindle paper white from amazon.com it won't allow me?? Are only certain kindles shipped to Ireland from the states?

Can I buy online with Argos?

You can only buy from Amazon through the .co.uk site if you're in Irl. Not sure if Argos does an online purchase. I know you can check stock in your nearest store(s) and reserve it for 24 hrs which is very useful.

You can only buy from Amazon through the .co.uk site if you're in Irl. Not sure if Argos does an online purchase. I know you can check stock in your nearest store(s) and reserve it for 24 hrs which is very useful.

I thought it was the opposite with amazon - it redirects me to the US site when I try to buy from the UK one!

I thought it was the opposite with amazon - it redirects me to the US site when I try to buy from the UK one!

I'm sorry- I'm wrong- I've just tried .co.uk and indeed it is sending you onto the International (.com) site.

I'm sorry- I'm wrong- I've just tried .co.uk and indeed it is sending you onto the International (.com) site.

And then when I attempt to purchase it from the .com site it won't allow me either :confused:

• Advertisement

And then when I attempt to purchase it from the .com site it won't allow me either :confused:

Try Argos??

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Try Argos??

i have just tried to buy an s3 from amazon.co.uk and it said i would have to change my shipping address wtf....

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

I have a new kindle fire purchased in US, my understanding thus far is that Amazon does not allow download of games to kindle outside the US.

Does anyone understand this and is it possible to get some games downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have a new kindle fire purchased in US, my understanding thus far is that Amazon does not allow download of games to kindle outside the US.

Does anyone understand this and is it possible to get some games downloaded?

Yeah you can't download apps or games, just books.

Look into sideloading apps

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah you can't download apps or games, just books.

Look into sideloading apps

Thx, but what is sideloading

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thx, but what is sideloading

Here ya go http://bit.ly/133VMZQ

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Here ya go http://bit.ly/133VMZQ

Ben

most kind ty

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

most kind ty

It's downloading the .apk files and either dragging and dropping them onto your kindle our downloading straight to your kindle.

Hi, I just got a kindle paperwhite yesterday and have downloaded 2 books so far but every so often - like every half hour or so - it keeps randomly rebooting/restarting which I'm reading - anybody know what the problem could be?? It's really frustrating when I've just bought it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Hi, I just got a kindle paperwhite yesterday and have downloaded 2 books so far but every so often - like every half hour or so - it keeps randomly rebooting/restarting which I'm reading - anybody know what the problem could be?? It's really frustrating when I've just bought it!!

Deep breaths man.....ok? Seriously, the likes of this happening with a new device is very annoying, but these things happen ...you're never alone in these situations. ;)

have a look here mate and see if it's any help:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201009940_wire?nodeId=201009940

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »

Deep breaths man.....ok? Seriously, the likes of this happening with a new device is very annoying, but these things happen ...you're never alone in these situations. ;)

have a look here mate and see if it's any help:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201009940_wire?nodeId=201009940

Thanks for your response....I'm female though!

I have restarted it myself once already but it's still happening - if it happens again I'll try restarting it again - hopefully that will solve it. Thanks :-)

Thanks for your response....I'm female though!

I have restarted it myself once already but it's still happening - if it happens again I'll try restarting it again - hopefully that will solve it. Thanks :-)

oops, apologies ma'am...my bad :o

Try the hard restart first anyway, if that doesn't work try resetting to the factory default settings.

Hi, I tried the restart again and it didn't work so I charged it as the battery was down below half way so thought that might help but this morning even though the light had gone green to indicate that it had been charged fully, when I unplugged it there was still a little bit of the battery not charged -this can't be right??

I'll see how it is later but if there's no improvement I will have to try the reset thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hi, I tried the restart again and it didn't work so I charged it as the battery was down below half way so thought that might help but this morning even though the light had gone green to indicate that it had been charged fully, when I unplugged it there was still a little bit of the battery not charged -this can't be right??

I'll see how it is later but if there's no improvement I will have to try the reset thing :(

I would send it back and get a replacement. I've mine a few months and it hasn't rebooted once. Sounds like you got a faulty product. I haven't had to deal directly with Amazon support but I've read good things about them so you should be able to get it sorted quickly.

jester77 wrote: »
    I would send it back and get a replacement. I've mine a few months and it hasn't rebooted once. Sounds like you got a faulty product. I haven't had to deal directly with Amazon support but I've read good things about them so you should be able to get it sorted quickly.

Thanks, do I need to go back to Argos or get on directly to Amazon??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

i have a small red dot on my screen and a bright spot in the corner anyone else had this ? any advice :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks, do I need to go back to Argos or get on directly to Amazon??

If you brought it in argos in town go back to them with your receipt madam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the kindle fire worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is the kindle fire worth it?

I don't know is it, I think you be better off with a tablet instead of a kindle fire.

Far as I am aware there are software issues and issues with IP address - downloading e-books here in Ireland if you have a kindle fire. These issues haven't been resolved which is a reason why Ireland are not selling kindle fire. Ye people still get it and works fine just the downloading e-books is a major issue at the moment.

I am looking into the 3G ones due to my location wifi signal is very poor.

I have tried to order them from the Amazon UK and Amazon US to no avail they will not ship them to my address.

I looked into Tesco and they may not get the 3G versions in again.

I am between the Keyboard, Touch and the Paperwhite which Argos seem to be getting so might be looking to get it there despite them being more expensive than Tesco and getting club points in Tesco. I be ok only for the wifi signal isn't great where I am.

Is it worth getting a Kindle Paperwhite version?

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    I don't know is it, I think you be better off with a tablet instead of a kindle fire.

Far as I am aware there are software issues and issues with IP address - downloading e-books here in Ireland if you have a kindle fire. These issues haven't been resolved which is a reason why Ireland are not selling kindle fire. Ye people still get it and works fine just the downloading e-books is a major issue at the moment.

I am looking into the 3G ones due to my location wifi signal is very poor.

I have tried to order them from the Amazon UK and Amazon US to no avail they will not ship them to my address.

I looked into Tesco and they may not get the 3G versions in again.

I am between the Keyboard, Touch and the Paperwhite which Argos seem to be getting so might be looking to get it there despite them being more expensive than Tesco and getting club points in Tesco. I be ok only for the wifi signal isn't great where I am.

Is it worth getting a Kindle Paperwhite version?

Paperwhite is €129 in Argos. How much are Tesco selling at?

Advertisement