Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Good Concealer ??

• 07-10-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking for recommendations for a good under eye concealer ... I'm Super pale and no matter how much sleep I get I always have a bluish tinge under my eyes. I was using Benifit bo-eing concealer (applying with a brush) but as time pushes on, the little wrinkles are starting to appear and my concealer is drawing more of the wrong sort of attention to my eyes as it's gathering in the fine lines :eek: !!!! I've switched to YSL Touche Eclait but I don't think it's doing a great job
    So can someone recommend something with good coverage but light enough to not get stuck in the cracks ...
    I use Lancôme's aqua fusion tinted moisturiser as my foundation if that makes any difference
    Thanks in advance boardies :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've never used a high end concealer. If you're looking high end, I've heard good things about bobbi brown ones.
    I just started using under eye concealer. Went looking for the collection 2000 one but all tubes had been opened so I got the bourjois healthy mix concealer instead. I find it's creamy enough to give good coverage but doesn't settle into fine lines.
    Just be careful picking the shade. The first concealer I got was no7 and I matched it to the colour of my face. It was actually too light to cover the darkness under my eyes though. I opted for medium shade instead of light with the bourjois and it's perfect. Maybe another boardsie might know more about the colour matching thing. Is it peach that's best for covering blueness and green to cover redness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I find Bobbie Brown concealers the best, just remember your concealer should be a shade lighter then your foundation.

YSL Touche Eclait - is not a concealer it is a highlighter, use a touch of it over your concealer as it contains light reflecting pigments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Benefit Erase Paste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I'd second the erase paste one, I'm super pale & I have that dark tint regardless of sleep or diet. Tesco do a good one too. I got confessions of a consealaholic from Benefit & the erase paste stood out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I love Time Balm Concealer from The Balm! :) I think they do it in some AWear stores. I don't bother with brushes or sponges though, I find my finger is better as it warms up/melts the concealer a little bit. I'm super pale too!

103393446-260x260-0-0_Thebalm+theBalm+Time+Balm+Anti+Wrinkle+Concealer+M.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I totally agree, you should use your fingers! It actually said it on the side of the box as far as I remember when I bought Bo-ing. You use less if you melt it into your finger than if you put it on a cold brush & then try to melt it into your under eye section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

I use Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 and it does wonders for me! There's also this one from Garnier I think which makes your dark circles go away, never tried it before. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

I use Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 and it does wonders for me! There's also this one from Garnier I think which makes your dark circles go away, never tried it before. :)
    NW15* sorry my bad, as the Warm tone cancels out the dark circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

I use Essence forget it 3 in 1 concealer and find it really good for such a cheap product (think its around 3euro), I got it in Penneys. Basically it comes with three shades (green, pink and foundation like shade). The green is for skin blemishes. I use the pink under my eyes to highlight and reduce appearance of dark circles and then I use a small bit of the foundation shade on top for added concealment and I find it really good.

I've used the Garnier 2in1 tinted eye roll on also and I find it great not only for concealing dark circles but also for reducing them and puffiness around the eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

The Aldi Lacura one is surprisingly good.

Also I started using the origins eye cream and my dark circles seem better.

• Advertisement

lainey316 wrote: »

Also I started using the origins eye cream and my dark circles seem better.

I've heard on blogs that the origins eye cream is brilliant. do you mind me asking how much it costs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've heard on blogs that the origins eye cream is brilliant. do you mind me asking how much it costs?

I think it was €32, maybe €30... you only need a tiny bit. GinZing is the one I got btw. I just got lancome genefique yeux for night as well. That was.... more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cariglee

I recommend Estee Lauder's Doublewear concealer. It comes in 3 shades. No 1 being the lightest. It has great coverage. I use it also to cover redness on my cheeks. It's brilliant for covering any spots/blemishes. While it's a bit pricey, I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

What I use is the Essence range liquid makeup bottle I think the lightest one is 20 nude and I use the Rimmel ivory press powder, You put a little on with the Essence liquid foundation around the eye area and for any little blemish that might be there on the face but after that get a makeup powder brush and go over lightly with Rimmel press powder on the face,It should Do the trick Becoz your face won't look heavy or caked on with makeup and it will hopefully give that natural kinda look and I would pick out really stronge eye shadow colour and lip gloss to finish ")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - I heard about this through Tanya Burr (Pixi2woo on youtube). She is usually very much into high end products but she loved this. I kept hearing about it after that and always very positive comments. There are only 23 reviews on makeupalley for it yet but it is rated 4.7/5. Mac studio finish cakes under my eyes but this stuff doesn't. It is a liquid (wand) concealer but yet is full coverage and there are too light shades: 1 Fair and 2 Light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Somewhat related, anybody have a suitable answer to what my Polish friend in work asked me when she saw me applying under eye concealer (Estee Lauder one in a little tube in case anyone's wondering :D)

"Are you not afraid of getting wrinkles?" :eek:

I just laughed but thinking about it I couldn't definitively say no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Revlon Photoready is really good but it's a stick format which isn't to everyones taste. My dark circles look like I've been punched in the face twice and it's the only one I've found that covers well and stay on.

cch wrote: »
    Somewhat related, anybody have a suitable answer to what my Polish friend in work asked me when she saw me applying under eye concealer (Estee Lauder one in a little tube in case anyone's wondering :D)

"Are you not afraid of getting wrinkles?" :eek:

I just laughed but thinking about it I couldn't definitively say no...

What do you mean? do you get wrinkles from using concealer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - I heard about this through Tanya Burr (Pixi2woo on youtube). She is usually very much into high end products but she loved this. I kept hearing about it after that and always very positive comments. There are only 23 reviews on makeupalley for it yet but it is rated 4.7/5. Mac studio finish cakes under my eyes but this stuff doesn't. It is a liquid (wand) concealer but yet is full coverage and there are too light shades: 1 Fair and 2 Light.

I watch a lot of those vids on YouTube and so many beauty vloggers rave about that Collection 2000 concealer. I don't use concealer much myself, just the odd time on the corners of my eyes, but yeah, this one is really good.

I also have Erase Paste by Benefit which probably cost about five times more but I find they both do the same job. In fact, I prefer the C2000, less cakey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

kandr10 wrote: »
    What do you mean? do you get wrinkles from using concealer?

I mean that I couldn't say for definite that it doesn't, but that doesn't mean that it does! But we're all going to get under-eye wrinkles eventually and my current issue is dark circles and other discolouration so I'm going to keep on using it.
    I use eye cream, gave up smoking years ago, avoid the sun instinctively and use a dedicated under-eye concealer and not my foundation so I don't think there's much more I can do really!! Except possibly stop smiling but that's not going to happen :D

• Advertisement

cch wrote: »
    I mean that I couldn't say for definite that it doesn't, but that doesn't mean that it does! But we're all going to get under-eye wrinkles eventually and my current issue is dark circles and other discolouration so I'm going to keep on using it.
    I use eye cream, gave up smoking years ago, avoid the sun instinctively and use a dedicated under-eye concealer and not my foundation so I don't think there's much more I can do really!! Except possibly stop smiling but that's not going to happen :D

Yeah that's fair enough!
    I guess maybe if you rub the skin you're more prone to wrinkles?? It's always gonna be the first place for them to show up anyway. No sense worrying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ifrit

I am super pale as well - paler than nw15, with seriously not-yellow undertones - and have visible blue of all kinds around my eyes, most markedly visible veins. Distinctly blue! I agree with those who praise the Bobbi Brown, but I think the color correctors are better, especially if you want to avoid it settling into lines - a problem I know some people have with the B.B. concealers. I use Light Bisque, and because I am already quite pink (though there are peachy colours too, of course!) and pale, I can use it as a concealer - no need to cover the coverage! You should try if that can work for you. The benefits to that, I think, is that you don't have to rely entirely on the pigmentation of the product being able to cover the blueness, but only its ability to neutralize and make it blend into your skin tone - thus hopefully using less. With these less is definitely more - applied with fingers, or warmed on the back of your hand, and always to a VERY well moisturized eye area. It does settle, otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

i'd continue using bo-ing by benefit just ditch the brush and use your ring finger to dab it on instead. it really does make a difference i've been using it for months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I'm Super pale and no matter how much sleep I get I always have a bluish tinge under my eyes.

I was the same but I've been using the new benefit b.right potent eye cream for a few weeks now and my dark circles are pretty much gone! I got the sample pack of the whole skincare range which came with a tiny jar of eye cream but I still have loads left. I don't need concealer anymore!

lainey316 wrote: »

That's really good, just as good as Touche eclat in my opinion, I can just never remember which colour I need when I go in to buy some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The Barbara Daly one from Tesco. I've found this much better than the Benefit ones...and it's so cheap!

Advertisement