Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Cancelling Question

Options
  • 07-10-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi Reps,

I'm hoping you might be able to provide me with some answers (or anybody else feel free to chip in too...)

I am at present about 4 months into a 12 month Eircom Broadband (fixed line) contract but due to work commitments I now have to move house. (I had originally signed the contract with Eircom in February but got a call early in the summer to say they could offer me a cheaper deal if i agreed to renew there & then which i did.)

I have no intrest in having Eircom line in new house. (Only use phone line for broadband. No choice other than Eircom where i am at present but new house has UPC which i would prefer)

Is there any way i can get out of the Eircom contract? Even if i could negotiate some sort of a termination fee i would do so, i just don't want to spend next 8 months paying for broadband that wont even be connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Reps,

I'm hoping you might be able to provide me with some answers (or anybody else feel free to chip in too...)

I am at present about 4 months into a 12 month Eircom Broadband (fixed line) contract but due to work commitments I now have to move house. (I had originally signed the contract with Eircom in February but got a call early in the summer to say they could offer me a cheaper deal if i agreed to renew there & then which i did.)

I have no intrest in having Eircom line in new house. (Only use phone line for broadband. No choice other than Eircom where i am at present but new house has UPC which i would prefer)

Is there any way i can get out of the Eircom contract? Even if i could negotiate some sort of a termination fee i would do so, i just don't want to spend next 8 months paying for broadband that wont even be connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Hi Lawros Tache,

I am afraid that the 12 month contract is part of the terms and conditions of providing a service at an address. The cancellation fees for both line and broadband are set at the remaining days of the contract depending when the customer cancels.

The cancellation fees are applicable to all customers and are only deferred in lieu of the customer is setting up service at the new address with a new 12 month contract.

I am afraid the cancellation have to stand for the reasons outlined above.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement