Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I done this a while back in my shed

Options
  • 07-10-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

I think it was a bit of a fluke to be honest. The version isnt mastered, but the recording and mix was done in a shed with no treatment.

http://soundcloud.com/79cortinaz/love-sewn-up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i like it , needs a good bit of carving up to clear out mud , and its seriously fcuking loud ( did you normailise it or something ?? )

yeah i like it but id get rid of the whale sounds .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its been so long since that was done, i cant remember. the vocalist wanted those swirly sounds etc added in. cant say i was ever too fond of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

maccored wrote: »
    its been so long since that was done, i cant remember. the vocalist wanted those swirly sounds etc added in. cant say i was ever too fond of them.

No the swirly sounds are good - the more gimics the better -

The mix could do with more dynamics......Do you remember... there was a time before the loudness wars.....Where tracks would have loud bits and quite bits

Like - the intro should be down a notch and when the bass (hammers in - not the early slide in bit) it should come bang in - then maybe drop and notch for the vocal - etc

Advertisement