Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chinese tablets - MID 8650 800Mh CPU 256MB RAM

• 07-10-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I was browsing on ebay and come across one of these chinese tablets.
    They seem to be alright for reading and for generic web surfing....
    Android 2.2 onboard, official Android Market and with a front cam + the usual connectivity (wifi, usb, micro sd). Even 3G for what I can see...
    They are not multi touch though!

Now an iPad goes for 400 euro I believe.. these yokes go for 55/60 euro.
    I am thinking about getting one....

Anybody had any experience with one of those?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They have 7" screens and are resistive instead of capacitive, so you can't compare with them an iPad at all.

I wouldn't touch a resistive screen - they're useless for typing anything longer than a website address. I just wouldn't go for any cheap Chinese clones of most devices in general actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Eoin wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch a resistive screen - they're useless for typing anything longer than a website address. I just wouldn't go for any cheap Chinese clones of most devices in general actually.

Yeah, I bought a "touchscreen" phone years ago with a resistive screen. Utter garbage. For anything more sophisticated than an ATM screen interface those things shouldn't even be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Me too - a blackberry one that was released in a rush at the same time as the iPhone. Awful yoke. I've tried the recent tablets and still think those screens are muck. I'd use it for a media player maybe, but definitely not as an internet tablet or for email.

Also, I don't really get the point of a 7" tablet. Too small to be a netbook / laptop alternative, and a bit too large to be portable enough for it to be that much more convenient than a 10" one.

Advertisement